A Cul-de-Sac of Foreclosures in Moreno Valley, California

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Good article. I'm sure the folks there are nice, but it sounds like a horrible area and hopefully this real estate bust will turn it back into the beautiful desert it once was.

I'm puzzled about one of the new residents on the block - the Argentinian couple that bought the foreclosure. First, they paid $240K - way too much, I'm sure they were instantly underwater. Second, he works in maintenence at a bakery ... WTF! I want to know exactly what that job entails and how he can afford mortgage, taxes, insurance, and upkeep (he's building an addition) on a $240K house. What is the pay for a job like that? ... $10/hour, $15/hour???

2. I believe I have already mentioned, but worth a note again.

Moreno Valley is a f*ckin armpit, sorry just telling like it is. :p :D

It always has been and always will.

I looked at foreclosures there in the late 90's, a real dump.

That's why I don't get to hyped up about these you tube vids and stuff showing the real estate carnage in these dumps; Victorville, Barkersfield, Perris. All of them are dumps.

One of my last telecom sales I made in Southern Ca before I moved to CO the IT manager was from Inland Empire, MV being part of. He joked heck got a beautiful house but it's the 909 ( area code) so I keep my 9 close by.

It's so freakin' hot there in the summer, plus 100 everyday.

3. Bob111

Bob111

i'm pretty sure it is..without looking at the home prices and neighborhood itself-looks at the cars of those "cul-de-sac" residents.. old SUV's and pick up trucks..

4. Interesting. I thought everyone in foreclosure was a baby boomer. Kinda of funny how the only boomer on the block has his house paid in full.