A courageous move!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by 2cents, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Yawn

#21     Jul 26, 2007
  2. man

man

perfectly right. it is not so much about trading in the end.

#22     Jul 26, 2007
  3. ET is a joke but sometimes I must be serious

Steve46 could take many of you to school, and tried to do so,

so the fuck what if he called people idiots, I mean lets face it, vast majority of you are.

being called an idiot is a really reaaallyy small price to pay to learn from the best

lets say he lied about 9/11, SO what

I LIE ALL THE TIME (so do me) :mad:

#23     Jul 26, 2007
  4. as for you Steve46, time to go out and meet some people,

try one of those greek festivals, I don't know if you have those where you live

you know go to a place where people are INFORMAL and just eating dancing and overall not talking trading or anything intellectual

we all need a break sometimes.

#24     Jul 26, 2007
  5. man

man

just curious, what on earth did you lie about 911?

#25     Jul 26, 2007
  6. Just curious, why do you take drugs?

reading your post, one gets the impression you either

A.) don't understand English

or

B.) are "compromised" intellectually

I think it is nice that we don't see your posts very often.

One would become frustrated trying to communicate with someone so damn dense...

Thats all for now.

Steve

#26     Jul 26, 2007
  7. I think the mods could do a better job of policing the threads and keeping them on topic, otherwise a thread should be closed as it wastes all of our time. Thanks. :)

#27     Jul 26, 2007
  8. I agree.

#28     Jul 27, 2007
  9. Steve,

Here are my observations and opinion. I have learned a key lesson from this board.

On message boards of this type, there are always lots of guys who enjoy putting other people down. These people usually have self-esteem, confidence or security type issues. They enjoy getting a response from someone and are entertained by seeing you type back in an angry manner.

The best way to deal with these situations is simply by hitting the ignore key. Once you see a negative comment, dont reply, just hit the ignore key. Otherwise, you then start saying negative things and that puts people off. If you say nothing, then it appears that the other poster is being a hostile jerk. However, if you reply, then you fuel the debate and make yourself look like one of the hooligans.

Pretty soon, the hostile posters find that they are just talking to themselves as you are ignoring them. They will move on to a different target.

My opinion is that Baron needs to lay down the law on this site. He needs to more aggressively ban users, delete threads and issue warning notices. There are other trading sites where moderation is very aggressive and you dont find this much graffiti. However, since elitetrader gets lots of hits, Baron will not take this stance.

Therefore, the best you can do is hit the ignore key since Baron is not willing to take an aggressive moderation stance. Unfortunately, we will have to live with the Nazi threads in the politics&religion thread and other such nonsense.

#29     Jul 27, 2007
  10. i see that the thread has been moved/deleted altogether... fair enough, this type of thread was poorly inspired to start with...

just for Baron's benefit then, here's the info i'd posted:

http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/memorial/interactive/about/frameset.exclude.html

"About this Site:
    This memorial lists those who died in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Pennsylvania when terrorists hijacked four U.S. planes on September 11, 2001. The list includes those listed as "confirmed dead" and "reported dead" by the Associated Press which defines the terms as follows:

CONFIRMED DEAD Includes victims who have been confirmed dead by a coroner's office or the Defense Department. It also includes those a court has declared legally dead, even if no body has been recovered. Once the court has made such a finding, a death certificate can be issued.

REPORTED DEAD Includes those whose deaths have been reported by family, employers, mortuaries, places of worship or by the airlines that listed them as aboard one of the four flights. Includes people for whom memorial services have been held, even if their bodies have not been recovered or positively identified. (Those identified by federal authorities as the hijackers are not included).

Personal information accompanying the individual records comes from CNN reports, newspaper obituaries and information submitted by friends and family. The photos were submitted to CNN by friends or family of the victims or used with permission from media partners as noted on each photo. The site was archived in August 2004. "

#30     Jul 27, 2007