A comparison of policies on illiegal border crossing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by phenomena, Jul 27, 2010.

  1. If you cross the Iranian border illegally you are detained indefinitely.
    If you cross the Afghan border illegally, you get shot.
    If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally you will be jailed.
    If you cross the Chinese border illegally you may never be heard from
    If you cross the Venezuelan border illegally you will be branded a spy
    and your fate will be sealed.
    If you cross the Mexican borders illegally you will jailed for two years.
    If you cross the Cuban border illegally you will be thrown into political
    prison to rot.
    If you cross the United States border illegally you get:
    1 - A job
    2 - A driver's license
    3 - A Social Security card
    4 - Welfare
    5 - Food stamps
    6 - Credit cards
    7 - Subsidized rent or a loan to buy a house
    8 - Free education
    9 - Free health care
    10 - A lobbyist in Washington
    11 - Billions of dollars in public documents printed in your language
    12 - Millions of servicemen and women who are willing to - and do - die
    for your right to the ways and means of our @#$%----ution
    13 - And the right to carry the flag of your country - the one you walked
    out on - while you call America racist and protest that you don't get
    enough respect.
  2. Where is your imagination? You forgot to write down
    .. President of the United States.

    You'll need to work harder on that tea-party crazy talk.

  3. The US has a serious immigration problem and neither party wants to do anything about it for their own reasons but spreading false information doesn't help the matter
  4. Lucrum


    I'm not sure about numbers 4,5 and 6 but the rest appear be be true.
  5. 1. Most illegals work dangerous under the table jobs with no benefits at slave pay rates

    2.Most states dont give drivers licenses to illegals.In my state of Florida you need to show legal status to to get a drivers license


    All required and supporting documents MUST be original or certified.

    Documents must be valid for more than 30 days from the date of issuance.

    Non-U.S. citizens applying for an original driver license will be issued a 30-day, no photo, paper temporary permit and a receipt. Non-U.S. citizens applying for an identification card will be issued a receipt.

    All records are transmitted to our database in Tallahassee, where the information will be examined and run against FDLE, FBI and US BCIS databases.

    Upon identity and legal status verification, a driver license or identification card will be issued within 30 days from Tallahassee, mailed to the address on the driver record. The license or identification card will be issued for the period of time specified on the US BCIS document, up to a maximum of one year.

    If a problem is detected, a denial of issuance letter will be mailed to the customer.

    ** These documents will only be accepted with an additional document, including but not limited to a valid Passport with a date of entry stamp, a valid Employment Authorization Card, or other USCIS documents plus one secondary document like a Florida Driver License or Identification Card, Driver License from any other state, Employer Identification, Identification from home country, Identification from school or college, Social Security Card (Chapter 322, Florida Statutes, requires the Department to see proof of social security number for the issuance of driver license and identification cards) or other USCIS document. If in doubt regarding required documents, please bring all of your USCIS documentation with you.

    3.To get a SS card you need to have a work permit from the feds

    Original Social Security Number for a Noncitizen Adult

    In general, only noncitizens who have permission to work from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) can apply for a Social Security number. If you do not have permission to work but need a Social Security number for other purposes, see “Work eligibility” for further information.

    4.You have to be a citizen or have legal status to get subsidized housing


    Eligibility for a housing voucher is determined by the PHA based on the total annual gross income and family size and is limited to US citizens and specified categories of non-citizens who have eligible immigration status. In general, the family's income may not exceed 50% of the median income for the county or metropolitan area in which the family chooses to live. By law, a PHA must provide 75 percent of its voucher to applicants whose incomes do not exceed 30 percent of the area median income. Median income levels are published by HUD and vary by location. The PHA serving your community can provide you with the income limits for your area and family size.

    5.Kids of illegals born here can get free health care and education,but technically they are citizens.Illegal adults can only get ER care to be able to walk out of the hospital or free care from Latino doctors who volunteer but illegals dont get free government healthcare
  6. Lucrum


    which is a job, presumably one better than they had before they came illegally
    His list only stated they get a job, not a corner office with a six figure salary

    So some states do meaning this one is partially true

    Apparently the feds do make some exceptions but I'll assume this one is mostly false

    I figured that but then I said I wasn't sure about 4,5 and 6.

    ER care is what I think the list meant anyway. Hardly the same as a Cadillac health care plan - but free non the less.

    So it appears most of the list is correct, which is all I was saying to begin with.