A Commodimetric Approach to Trading Silver

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Argent, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Judas ruined silver for me.

#51     Aug 15, 2011
  2. Argent

Argent

Cheap at the price for the Jews to get rid of an annoying dissident.

From a modern perspective, Wickedpoedia says that a field hand today in the slave trade costs about an ounce of silver, whereas a sex slave costs about an ounce of gold. Not a bad deal considering that a good quality assualt rifle costs about an ounce of gold. That may determine how much gold and silver I ultimately hold.

#52     Aug 15, 2011
  3. =============
    Argen-T trend
    Well true ,good points,silver, SLV is in long term uptrend;
    but 4 month/daily candlecharts are too bearish.perhaps to buy[any more] now.

Sure its heading to $55.55+ , but that is a direction, not a prediction.

Silvertip bullets are not silver, Winchester Western simply & wisely branded that cool name to play off the long term uptrend/value of the real thing ,silver.Remington 30-06 bullets are fine also.

I dont ever like to sell/ buy 30 pieces of silver,
    thats a Judas size trade ;
    most any other size trade/investment maybe fine.:cool:

murray T turtle

#53     Aug 15, 2011
  4. Argent

Argent

All sage observations. Mayhap that is why the Mint packages Eagles in tubes of twenty.

You are right that I am predicting direction only, this is like an oscillator.

Thank you for lending your august aura to this humbug thread.

#54     Aug 15, 2011
  5. this is the best approach i have ever seen. you are a prodigy.

#55     Aug 15, 2011
  6. Argent

Argent

I am not sure about being a prodigy, but I am prodigious. Note that at no time did I ever say that the PRICE would go up or down at my inflection points, only the VALUE.

#56     Aug 15, 2011
  7. Can we now get into a discussion on the existential differences (not necessarily omitting similarities) of price and value? Penny for your thoughts, Argent.

#57     Aug 16, 2011
  8. Argent

Argent

It is not kind of you to tempt a feeble-minded dottering old man to make a fool of himself.

I invented the science of Commodimetrics to determine the best trade inflection points for a specific commodity based not on its price in fickle fractious fiat but on the price of other commodities. Therefore it is entirely possible that following an inflection the fiat price may decline whilst the commodity price increases. If for diversification you MUST have some commodity positions, regardless of how commodities are currently performing relative to fiat, then you at least want to be invested in the least bad of the bad. Alternatively, you may seek a way to periodically rebalance your commodity portfolio. Commodimetrics provides that tool.

But above all, it quantifies into a numerical analytical binary decision the intuition of "cheap" versus "dear."

#58     Aug 16, 2011
  9. So, crude in terms of gold; wheat in terms of corn; apples in terms of strawberries? That kind of metric?

#59     Aug 16, 2011
  10. Argent

Argent

Exactly. Apples and oranges. Or perhaps relative to a basket of commodities. It is always good to ask "What does $SPX sell for in Euros?" or "How many barrels of oil does an ounce of gold buy?"
    This is merely the financial equivalent of a horny cashless GI asking "How many Hershey bars does pussy cost tonight?" The only difference being that we are horny for silver.

#60     Aug 16, 2011