A Commodimetric Approach to Trading Silver

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Argent, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Ever imagined the amount of crap that the vampire bankers can pack in the 4.4% water that is left on Everclear?.

I never liked water much either, so I dehydrate the 95.6% mixture before distilling it one more time to make sure I kill the germs.

#41     Aug 13, 2011
  2. Argent

Argent

I think perhaps a lower energy way of doing it is freezing. When my wife buys a crap bottle of wine ("This sauterne looks nice!") I freeze it and pour the good stuff out. You realize of course that Everclear is at least six times distilled, so you can't squeeze any more water out it with more distillation.

#42     Aug 13, 2011
  3. That's why my stuff is cheaper than Everclear. I distill once, then pass the stuff through a lime filter to dehydrate it, and then distill again for 99.9999% pure alcohol instead of that 95.6% sissy drink.

#43     Aug 13, 2011
  4. Argent

Argent

Ah! Very clever. And the still is? In truth I ask not because I am an alkie but because I find it is the cheapest effective kitchen grease and grime cleaner to be had.

#44     Aug 13, 2011
  5. That's it, of course -- using a deadband combination of the highs and lows. I recently posted a study proving to myself that the summarization of price action over a period of time into a single bar resulted in widely varying opens and closes, depending on offsetting the sampling period. The bar shapes varied as well. However, the highs and lows showed the most consistency. Since most of my indicators and strategies are based on the parts that vary, they've all sucked.
    I've been trying to figure out how to recode my indicators so they don't use opens, closes, bar shapes, or bar bodies, only highs and lows (eg like Donchian or Price Channel) --- hmm, "deadbands" may be the way to go .....

#45     Aug 13, 2011
  6. Argent

Argent

I noticed that, as well. For that and other reasons I switched to a one-second chart to see better what is going on and for trading.

#46     Aug 13, 2011
  7. Oh. I thought you were serious.

#47     Aug 14, 2011
  8. Argent

Argent

I made another improvement to the presentation to make it more attractive to the credulous. The decision scale now runs from 0 to 100, with 100 being sell. Currently I have buy set at 72.75. Silver is still cheap, Dear. Later it will be dear, Cheap. Updated chart attached. When I quit posting this you are going to miss it. Gonna cost you later. You can keep it free by heaping copious encomia upon my modest self.

#48     Aug 15, 2011
  9. Argent

Argent

I should also point out that prior to February of this year, silver was always a buy. What we are seeing now is a new paradigm here you don't just want to buy and hold. Which is too much like marriage.

#49     Aug 15, 2011
  10. Argent

Argent

Not that anyone is reading this any more, but I think it worth while to discuss why I didn't create and post a Commodimetric system for gold. I love gold, and own some, just like if these were Antebellum times I would have owned the gold of the time, slaves. But I find it easier to relate to silver, many a Morgan silver dollar having heedlessly slipped through my fingers as a youth. Today I can buy a great bottle of French champagne with an ounce of silver. Or 100 rounds of a respectable .223 rifle ammo. Can take the wife out for a sumptuous sushi feast. Could probably buy a quick piece of ass. Can feed the birds and rabbits for two months. Buy two pounds of nine count Key West pink shrimp. There's just lots more things I expect I could buy with sivver come the Apeocalips than I would want to buy with gold.

#50     Aug 15, 2011