A Commodimetric Approach to Trading Silver

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Argent, Aug 11, 2011.

1. N4Apound

N4Apound

Wait, I'm gullible! I may wish to subscribe to your newsletter. Please dish on your commodimetric approach. (As I'm sure you know as a prospective guru, coming up with a bastardized unique label like that for your system is half the battle and I found myself already reaching for my credit card before I knew what I was doing.)

#11     Aug 12, 2011
  2. Argent

Argent

Your post is semiotic for us both. But it is not that easy. I cannot simply take your money, lead you through a multiplicty of confusing and frustrating exercises to convince you that it is your fault when you ultimately and ignominiously fail, and certify you to be an Officially Commodimetrized Trader. No. We must first change your manifestly deficient character and make you silverotic. That is the real struggle. I profess to know nothing about nothing but silver, so I am perforce already silverotic. Follow my subsequent charting and we will see if you have that potential. Today's chart to follow.

#12     Aug 12, 2011
  3. Argent

Argent

Today's chart shows a buy for the fifth straight day. I have compressed the price scale to be unreadable so you will take my recommendation on faith. Skeptics may cavil, but this is the tool I actually use to trade silver, heigh ho! It is a sophisticated empirical algorithmicization of the unsophisticated anti-empirical method I used heretofore, namely: "Silver is cheap!" or "Silver is dear!" In the interest of full disclosure, I last bought silver on 5/25/11, a full two days before my system gave a buy signal on 5/27, so the system must be good. I am, however, not buying today because my unemployment compensation recently expired.

#13     Aug 12, 2011
  4. very insightful..

#14     Aug 12, 2011
  5. lmao...

#15     Aug 12, 2011
  6. Argent

Argent

I do so love this place! Here even the tannest of charlatans can attract a following! Those who don't get it may well ask, "Why should I own silver?" Let me counter with equally foolish questions:
    "How many guns should you own?"
    "How many rounds of ammunition for each should you store?"
    "How much fiat of your domicile country should you have rolled up in a sock in your drawer?"
    "How many cans of Campbell's Classic chicken noodle soup should you have in your larder?"
    "How many gallons of gasoline should you have in your shed?"
    "How many cases of cervesa should you have under your sink?"
    "How many rolls of toilet paper should you have in your dirty clothes hamper?"
    "How many days of survival should your bugout bag provide you on the run?"
    If you cannot immediately answer those questions, I cannot explain to you why you should own some silver.

#16     Aug 12, 2011
  7. You seem vexed, Argent.

#17     Aug 12, 2011
  8. Argent

Argent

I am. I tire of trying to teach fools. Invariably I lose them at the second question:
    "What is the net present value of your net assets, including expected paments from retirement sources?"
    "What percentage of that net present value should you hold in physical precious metals against a total financial disaster?"
    "What is the dollar value of that disaster reserve?"
    "How many ounces of gold is that at today's prices?"
    "How much does that weigh?"
    "Could you hump that much in your bugout bag without compromising your immediate survival chances?"

Let us say you are worth a million, including promises to pay. If you think a fully paid up lifetime total disaster insurance policy is worth five percent of that million, you need to be able to hump two pounds of gold and not regret that you left behind a hundred rounds of ammo or two pints of water.

#18     Aug 12, 2011
  9. Argent

Argent

Which analysis begs the question, "In your absurd paranoid survivalist SHTF Zombie Apocalips scenario, how much silver should I own?" The answer obviously is, however much your wife can carry, because she sure as hell won't hump any ammo for you. I say two pounds, roughly thirty Eagles. The exercise will be good for her. But if she argues with you, give her three of the self-heating meals (the ones she'll eat, those nasty vegetarian lasagnas), carry the swag yourself, and plan on ditching her at the first opportunity.

#19     Aug 12, 2011
  10. Argent

Argent

BTW, that silver buy signal is fading fast as we jive here, so you'd better get that order locked in at APMEX. You might get lucky and never have to pay off the credit card charges.

#20     Aug 12, 2011