A Commodimetric Approach to Trading Silver

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Argent, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Argent

Argent

I have chosen EliteTrader to try out on fellow silver bugs a new way to make trade decisions. It is not indicator-based. It is not oscillator-based. It is not retrace-based. Rather it employs an entirely new analytical approach I call commodimetric, for lack of a better term. My goal is to quantify the decisions I have made by gut feel in the past. The chart attached shows the trader interface for the underlying decision model. I used the ETF SLV for illustration, although it works identically on SI. The model today called a buy four days ago. The call is still valid. I will post the inevitable improvements that experiences dictate.

2. Here is my system for trading silver and it never fails.

#1. Buy the dips.
    #2. Don't sell.

Its worked wonders for me.

3. you are a genius

4. Argent

Argent

Admirably simple. I use that for gold. But how you determine what a dip in silver is?

5. It's called intuition.... You develop it after watching the screen for a long f&$#@ time. People ask you "what do you look for" or "why are you entering this trade" and your answer is a variation of "I don't know".

I know a wildly successful trader who has this ability.

6. Argent

Argent

You have a talent I will never possess. After spending that "f&$#@ time" all I have to show for it is a few dubious squiggly lines on a chart and a handful of doubtful algorithms I pretend to believe in. I believe that it is a matter of character. Those few intuitives like you have bold confidence. The timid majority need the "certainty" of analysis. So gurus will never starve.

7. I didn't say I had that ability... and I don't.

I said I know a trader who has it.. lol

I wish I could do that

8. Argent

Argent

My mistake. Does your friend give lessons? I have never watched anyone trade but myself, so I no role models to imitate.

9. you are the best trader ever lived

10. Argent

Argent

I am the best trader I have ever seen trade live. But obviously irrelevant as a silver trading guru, judging from the lack of response. I'll go peddle "commodimetric analysis" somewhere the traders are more gullible.

#10     Aug 12, 2011