A Chronicle Into What May Be a Most Lucrative Investment Journey

Discussion in 'Journals' started by paysense, Mar 27, 2009.

1. <b>So what has happened since February 2008</b> when we left these (3) C2 systems [KC Legacy (closed), 29417555, 29594253] in the ashes or dust?

I proceeded to start and run for approximately 9 months the following systems using various levels of contract exposure or leverage - using with my highly accurate market direction calls.

You can see the progression of these using this link: http://www.collective2.com/cgi-perl...582&session=979417203558494689327330430355242

But I will break these down further. Again the last (3) have been described above: The first was KC Legacy (closed) that you saw - during the initial 5 months (zoomed in) - that went well. . .up to trying the use of (promising) futures. <b>The next (2) that went to "$0" <i>allowed for me in a few short months</i> to learn the most I could as efficiently as possible in how to manage <i>these highly leveraged instruments.</i></b>

So we will begin with the next (6) systems that again simply used the same Market Direction calls - but with different leverage allocations<b>. . .in a crazy market!</b> In hindsight I am glad I had to endure <i>some</i> time with a wildly volatile market - learning from these systems to get to where I am today. I can now know what to expect and how best to manage my accounts.

Let's zoom in on these starting with my "killed" systems. KC E-mini (closed) that originated as my low margin system. It (arguably) did best for the longest in the wicked market, since it was the only system that even had a subscriber (paid $95 for one month):

[​IMG]

Now let's look at KC Elite (closed) and KC Futures (closed):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think they did well enough for a short period of time and <i>could</i> have done well for a much longer period - but I still didn't quite understand everything with how leverage works along with a very volatile market.

<b>Not having any subscribers or real interest</b> (most at Collective2 are looking for a short-term system with an extremely low drawdown) I toyed a bit with these toward the end. You see...these are more volatile, POWERFUL, long-term systems THAT COMPOUND A HIGH ANNUAL AVERAGE. . .yet no one was willing to chance THAT since, only a handful of systems have even survived the times these last 5 years or so that Collective2.com has been auditing systems.

MY MAIN GOAL is still being performed <i>after 1.25 years</i> in <b>KC Hedge</b> that I am pretty certain will continue as accomplished.

[​IMG]

(more on this later)

But I tried a few things with these to ascertain the last few things I needed to understand that took these from nearly 9 months (pretty good for C2) of good action to poor. In KC E-mini (closed) I tried using SPY and QQQ options as hedging instruments against my futures contracts. Not really the way to go and I sacrificed my equity curve in the process of learning a lesson.

In KC Futures (closed) I think I simply played with it a bit holding positions that went agianst me knowing I wasn't going to renew the listing fee on all of these - to the detriment of my equity curve. Still it ended with no gain or loss amidst a tanking market!

In KC Elite (closed) I tried a different technique having a number of LONG and SHORT contracts opened at the same time trying to phase with the shifting trends. After all I have had SO MUCH screen time, I quite often can guess/know from moment to moment many of the moves the market makes intra-day. But, I found this nearly impossible with a market this volatile - even with good "intuition".

Anyways, it too was sacrificed - toward the end, after nine months - and actually closed with bit more than a slight loss. In fact most of these closed systems (aside from 29417555, 29594253) ended up "beating the market" - but definitely not saleable or worth writing home about (see drawdown).

KC Partners (closed) and KC Leader (closed) are still not "killed" and may be re-named and used in the future, but I think this is highly unlikely. I pretty much know what leverage <b>- - and it varies with uptrends and downtrends and at different stages of a bull and bear markets.</b>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still use SHORT contracts against LONG and vice versa in <b>KC Hedge</b>, during uncertain volatile market periods and with a now much <i>sloowwweerrr</i> market - my "intuition" or experience wrt price action (PA) allows for me to do things I couldn't previously do with the market.

So now all that is left is to watch <b>KC Hedge</b> during the next 6 months to 2 years and see if indeed I have finalized my systems abilities and performance:

[​IMG]

:) :cool:

Things I can do going forward is to update my status amongst my peers. Right now I am one of a handful of futures systems that have successfully navigated for more than a year-and-a quarter with a 100% CAGR (compounded annual return). This number of systems drops off markedly with each 6 months. . .so conceivably, if I truly accomplish my goal (create a long-term system with a high annual average and comparably low drawdown - that can be managed for 3, 5, 10 and 20+ years) I should receive the attention my system approach or method deserves.

pay$ense

#21     Jun 16, 2009
  2. When people tell you not to give up, maybe YOU shouldn't listen to them :(

#22     Jun 16, 2009