A Canadian trading in US pro firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by networm, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. networm


    Needs H-1, TN or E-2 visa? Or any other options?

  2. I have talked to several Canadians, and some have told me they simply formed a LLC in the states that they trade through. I am not an accountant, so be sure to run this by a CPA or legal counsel.

  3. networm


    I don't need any visa to do the business (trade) in states?

    I know there is a E-2 visa for investors but it requires significant investment (100K?). 5K deposit is far from enough.

    trade42: thanks for your link but that thread only tells me "trader" is not on TN visa list. We have to find another way unless your firm is willing to sponsor you.
  4. lescor


    Do you want to reside in the US while you trade, or just join a firm and trade remotely from Canada?

    If it's the latter, it's doable. Residence is a much tougher nut to crack.
  5. axehawk


    You can get a B-1 (temporary visitors visa) and renew it every six months.