A Brief word on Overtrading...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mabenn, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Handle123

Handle123

You are so right, but after three trades all going to breakeven while trading trend signals, unless price "thrusts" away from current activity, I can expect more of the same or losses. I am not one to keep pulling the trigger waiting for trend or chop to start. Currencies can make a very hard push in one direction then go sideways for six hours, and I rather be floating in my pool.

#11     Jul 4, 2013
  2. Good wisdom.

#12     Jul 4, 2013
  3. mabenn

mabenn

Perfect. Someone should make an AA for traders...

#13     Jul 5, 2013
  4. mabenn

mabenn

Yes it is... if I hit that on a 20k account in a day than it's gone too far. + evidenced by the lower risk model I would be better off overall capping the risk at 3% max for the day.

#14     Jul 5, 2013
  5. mabenn

mabenn

Agreed and thanks for your feedback!

#15     Jul 5, 2013
  6. gmst

gmst

mabenn - are you looking for solutions in this thread or you just want to tell everyone about your discovery?

#16     Jul 5, 2013
  7. ammo

ammo

"my tendency to over trade is on it's way out " this isnt something that you might get around to,develop discipline ,when to trade and not trade,black and white,kinda sorta is the way to the poorhouse

#17     Jul 5, 2013
  8. Pipflow

Pipflow

Over trading is very much bad for the traders because its the reason why traders lose money.

#18     Jul 15, 2013
  9. mabenn

mabenn

Both. feedback is always good but if this helps someone else then great.

#19     Jul 15, 2013
  10. chimera

chimera

i am beginning to think all trading is actually waste of time

if hedge fund managers can't even outperform the averages...what does that say about all these so called systems and traders out there?

Is it all a smoke screen?

#20     Jul 16, 2013