A bit of nostalgia - Opening day CBOE 1973

Discussion in 'Options' started by ajacobson, Jan 24, 2018.

1. RRY16

RRY16

Someone($Mat) should organize a Pit Trader fantasy camp, have some of the old time pit trading legends speak, handout coats and badges, mock trade between your friends.

#31     Jan 28, 2018
  2. ajacobson

ajacobson

If you want to come to Chicago both CBOE and CME do mock trading sessions attached to either their own or member firm classes.

#32     Jan 28, 2018
  3. RRY16

RRY16

Thanks for the offer.

#33     Jan 28, 2018
  4. ajacobson

ajacobson

Youtube has a video of Jim Bittman leading a CBOE mock trading.

#34     Jan 28, 2018
  5. ajacobson

ajacobson

The second trading floor. If you know any CBOE old timers have them tell you about the fire on the first trading floor. I'm sworn to secrecy. When CBOE built it's own building the O'Conner Partnership moved in and later CTC before they moved to 440.
    No that sport coat does not have a fine tuning control
    The second trading floor.jpg recy.

#35     Jan 30, 2018
  6. ajacobson

ajacobson

groundbreaking.jpg
    Groundbreaking for the CBOE building. Up until the new building they were in space in the CBOT building.

The front row is from the left is Steve Givot and Larry Blum CBOE board members. Wally Auch the chairman, Chuck Henry the president and in the hardhat Dick DuFour who ran the building project and then strategic planning. I will dig up one of my hardhats and post a picture in the next couple of days. This was more ceremonial - as you can see the demolition has already occurred. CBOE was built on the site of the former Penn Central station. As I recall the site was acquired from the Penn Central bankruptcy. The building behind them is the south side of the CBOT.
    Dick Dufour's group brought the industry the first index options and the VIX.

#36     Feb 6, 2018
  7. ajacobson

ajacobson

IMG_0676.JPG

An actual matched pair.

#37     Feb 6, 2018
  8. ajacobson

ajacobson

AOL Pit. Gives you a sense as to how things change. AOL Crowd 1999.jpg

#38     Feb 18, 2018
  9. ajacobson

ajacobson