A Bill to let Big Government Set Your Salary

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Mar 31, 2009.

1. You really keep up on things.... NOT.

Companies that expressed a desire to not take any stimulus money were made to take it !! This current crop of politicians are as busy gaining power as Hugo Chavez is... same shit different day..

#21     Mar 31, 2009
  2. Which companies were made to take money against their collective will?

Corporate American compaines are not victims, they are volunteers.

They had a choice to go BK. This is not a Hugo Chavez situation by any means. They made a choice, choice of their own making.

Turn off the right wing radio and learn to think for a change...

#22     Mar 31, 2009
  3. Wow. Apparantly you haven't been paying attention to all the details and "connecting the dots"!

#23     Mar 31, 2009
  4. Oh, a "connecting the dots" thinker...

LOL!

Don't let logic and common sense hit you on the rear on your way out the door of lunacy...

#24     Mar 31, 2009
  5. 151

If I remember correctly some institutions were required to take the money in order to protect the image of those that needed the money. To prevent a run is what I heard.

That must be why so many are trying, already, to give the money back. So they can be off the books before all these bills are passed.

#25     Apr 1, 2009
  6. Evidently, I'm not up to date on these matters. Which financial institutions neither want nor need financial assistance in order to survive but are being forced to accept government funds?

#26     Apr 1, 2009
  7. I think that was a different issue. I believe what you might be referring to was the discount window. There was a stigma in doing so and gs and a few others although they didn't need to did so to take the heat off, etc, who needed access.

#27     Apr 1, 2009
  8. Wells Fargo was one.

#28     Apr 1, 2009