a big mac now costs a grand in france

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Mar 16, 2008.

1. And you should be shot for saying something like that.

Guess someone has fallen on hard times..

#21     Mar 17, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

That's true. "You guys" are certain miscreants... and all at the expense of the American people. Quite immoral, really. Criminal.

#22     Mar 17, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

You have to realize where all of this stems from.

The US Gummint has always overspent and encouraged our citizens to do likewise through not only the example the Gummint has set, but through tax policy.

It's a bit unfair to blame citizens for not being savvy enough to tell the government to "go piss up a rope". Most country's citizens are oblivious to the evil of their own government.. ours especially.

#23     Mar 17, 2008
  4. Allen3

Allen3

Americans have no sense of "saving for a rainy day" - instead they have to have the latest big screen TV and Mobile phone.

Not true of everyone. I and several of my family are quite frugal. The environment around me sucks. My savings are inflating away, people that are severely in trouble financially are being given money from my taxes, where can I put my savings for a rainy day and hope to get any of it back (my house?, Ha!) maybe 3 years ago. Now its just going to be a money pit. I guess I could buy barrels of oil or wheels of cheese and store them in a bunker. I agree with gnome. US consumer tax payer is screwed they know it and are just joining in. I blame them and I don't. Can you really blame a junky who gets $400 bucks a month for a kid for having 10 kids. Whats the alternative. going to work scraping by and maybe if your lucky being able to have a baby at some point. The righteous path maybe obvious but society has made it impractical. I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'll keep trudging along watching my nickels saved turn to pennies. I haven't seen a way I'm capable of to get out of this mess, so... we'll see how it ends. Don't think for a minute this is a victim-less crime. There are more than a few of us disgusted by the excess.

JIM

#24     Mar 17, 2008
  5. Well, you're on the right track. You know, converting your savings from USD to GBP... :D

#25     Mar 17, 2008