a big mac now costs a grand in france

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Mar 16, 2008.

1. That's the Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese...you know, metric system and all :D

#11     Mar 17, 2008
  2. Pondracer

Pondracer Guest

Local sushi owner was telling us that her prices had doubled since January.

#12     Mar 17, 2008
  3. Mercor

Mercor

Someone has money to buy all these things.....Hardly a sign of weakness

#13     Mar 17, 2008
  4. Are you kidding me? The Restaurant business is in a state of severe recession.

Basic Food costs are soaring - it's killing margins, and just wait for the average consumer to cut back on going out to eat because of gas prices.

It's all related and it doesn't look good. We are inflating our way out of this mess and the last thing to rise will be salaries. With Consumption being about 70% of GDP, you don't need to be a rocket scientists to figure out where this is going.

The Middle Class is screwed.

#14     Mar 17, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

#15     Mar 17, 2008
  6. I was wondering how the restaurant business was doing. I know of some remote acquaintances that made good money in IT, housing etc. in 2003/2004 and suddenly everybody owned a restaurant 'on the side', just like a hobby. It was hip to say "Oh yea, I also run a restaurant" to ones golfing buddies. I always wondered how they were supposed to compete with the old school chef run places in the long run. I guess they can't.

#16     Mar 17, 2008
  7. That's gotta suck. We pay that for a whole pizza here in Oz.

#17     Mar 17, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

LOL.. Where the Hell is Oz?

Costco food court still has pizza for $2/sl... wonder if they hold the price and sell it as a loss leader..

#18     Mar 17, 2008
  9. Excuse my slang. Australia.

#19     Mar 17, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

Duh! I should have figured that out...

Of course, "Oz" is a fictional place in "The Wizard of Oz"... so it's used as "imaginary", too.

$4 pizza... yet ANOTHER reason to appreciate the land down under...

#20     Mar 17, 2008