A Beginning Or An End?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GD2KNO, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Also, time frame doesn't matter. Look at all the decisions you make in life too.

Isn't it some sort of response to different time frames of events?

#21     Jan 7, 2003
  2. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

PHANTOM of the Pits....cracked the code.

I used to think that Money Management was 50% of the Game.
    Then I bumped it up to 70% -
    Then 90% ...
    Now I'm thinkin' that I underestimated it's importance.

There is so much good in the worst of us,
    and so much bad in the best of us
    that it hardly behooves any of us
    to criticize the rest of us.

#22     Jan 7, 2003
  3. Vishnu

Vishnu

I hate to say it but this doesn't really make sense (alright, i guess I didn't hate it that much). Given the fact that most of the 4%+ up moves that have occurred in the NDX 100 since 1987 have happened since April 2000 how do you predict it will keep going where its going after one of those moves? Also, your volatility is going to be insane. The few times that pure trend following has worked has been months of July '02, September '02. Oct - Dec, '01, and Nov-Mar '99-00 as far as I can tell. But even then your volatility would've been enormous, if not deadly on the reversal days. In the first few days of the Oct rally some stocks even had 100%+ moves. Sure, you can use stops but other than the months described above you would be constantly getting stopped out of trend following systems.

#23     Jan 7, 2003
  4. LOL....there's the other 10 pts.....@ 1080.50 :D

#24     Jan 7, 2003
  5. GD2KNO

GD2KNO

CAN'T GET A VALID POLL WITH SO FEW VOTERS.

GET OUT AND VOTE!!!

IT WILL BE APPRECIATED
    THANK YOU

#25     Jan 10, 2003
  6. I've got a scalping system that trades for one point with no stops. It last went long at 949, so I hope we see 950 soon.

If we do, then I'll vote.

So far the system has 100% hitrate, 37 straight no losers, so 950 would make it 38.

Hope you can use these statistics in your research.

#26     Jan 10, 2003
  7. after we hit 950 it goes short one tick below the next candle on the 5 min chart

like I said it's 100%, so don't get your hopes up about a move up after 950

#27     Jan 10, 2003