A beginner needs help with TS 2000i

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by wally_, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Well, I bought TS 2000i just two days ago. I hooked it up via Metaserver to IB's data feed. Now, that was the easy part. The tough part is to get any charts out of the data that I have collected. The data was for ES.

I would appreciate if someone could give me instructions on how to create a chart out of this data.

This sounds like a very dumb question, and I too am surprised that this is not as straightforward as I expected it to be, but it's just the way it is. Either I am missing something very obvious or I got a lemon.

Thanks,
    Wally

2. alain

alain

if you want historical data in TS you could do this with a simple csv formated file.. you would not need to go over GS. If you would like to work with GS then you would need to transfer it into a GS format what for you need a converter. Such a converter can be found @ www.tssupport.com (there are also other TS2ki related topics to be found).

If you would like to have real time data you either have to go trough GS or with a third party software which could also be found @ tssupport.com (i.e. for eSignal or other datavendors).

I know this is not too specific information on this issue... but to find a more competend group of TS users better go to the Eskimo List... there you will find all the answers you need. Do a search on ET and you will find a way to cantact the Eskimo List.

3. I appreciate your response. What this tells me is that indeed this is not as straightforward as I thought it should be otherwise you could just give me straight instructions. Thanks for this, though.

4. alain

alain

it is not as straightforward as it could be... with the help from the thirdparty products from www.tssupport.com you can make it much more straight forward or with an esignal subscribtion with the specific thirdparty tool. But when you have once set up everything it will work well.