A 2-week call

Discussion in 'Trading' started by krazykarl, Sep 20, 2010.

1. I do appreciate everyone keeping this thread free of clutter for the duration of the call.

I'd like to open discussion up as to why we are currently headed higher, and when we'll take a pause. Please spare the tin-foil hat bullshit about everything being manipulated. If you think markets are "honest" and "pure", you need to get the fuck out of this thread and go back to your mom's basement. Markets follow one rule: participants dictate price-action.

HFTs, quants, funds, stuffing, front-running, pomo, ppt[the], shadow banking etc. No one gives a fuck about your problems trading with the big-boys. If you're just going to bitch about how unfair things are, please leave. Everyone is tired of your whining. If you want to talk about real market dynamics, then please comment.

#11     Oct 13, 2010
  2. he has uttered the F word :eek:

that was a nice call.

are saying we are going another +5% by the end of Oct?

#12     Oct 13, 2010
  3. Tauvros

Tauvros

#13     Oct 13, 2010
  4. We update models over the weekend. From the last build we're expecting a retracement for a few percent, but only after a move higher. Net-Net, we'll be up a few percent by the end of November.

One thing that the models keep showing is that there is a rising chance for a sharp move higher in the next 3 months due to volume coming back into the market. We expect NA equity market inflows for Nov-Dec to be double-digit percent positive yoy.

#14     Oct 13, 2010
  5. Well, I thought you had been using the pronoun "we" just like posers do to create the illusion they are professional but I think I was wrong. Clearly more than one person have been posting under your handle:

:)

#15     Oct 13, 2010

6. Na, no pro. I work(read: talk shop) with a few like-minded guys and trade on-the-side. I'd call it a hobby but hobbies cost money. Passion for trading, macro economics and computer science.(combinatorial optimization) :)

#16     Oct 13, 2010