A 17 year old boy scouts observation of politics and the supporters.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wallet, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Wallet

Wallet

My son’s Boy Scout troop is doing a food drive for some of the needy families in the town that I live, a rural suburb of Oklahoma. They handed out boxes a couple of weeks ago to many of the homes, those who said they would participate. Instructions were to place canned and non-perishable food items in the boxes and the Scout troop would come back the following week and pick up the boxed donations.

My son and a couple of the other older scouts went back out with their scout master, picking up the donations, I asked him how the drive went…….. His comment.

No one from the homes that had an Obama/Biden campaign sign in their front yards, donated any food.

It became the center of conversation, by the time they returned.

Draw you own conclusions……………………

2. No surprise. Liberals fall in two charitable camps. They want someone else to do the giving and they want to do the receiving.

BTW: I'm sure you're proud of your son and his troops commitment to helping those in need. We too are proud of your son.

3. Interesting. I have had similiar situations. You don't really start out looking for anything in particular but a noticeable pattern appears.

4. you're lying

5. kut2k2

kut2k2

That was my impression. First we have to believe there were actually Obama supporters in rural Oklahoma, then we have to believe they were brave enough to advertise it on their front lawns. Simply unbelievable.

6. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

You can goog some studies that show red states and specifically individual Chrisitian conservatives are more charitable than the blue states and "liberals".

The blue states wants the gubmint to take someone else's money at gun point and redistribute it.

Funny how that works.

7. kut2k2

kut2k2

Lie. http://volokh.com/posts/1164012942.shtml

Seeing as how the blue states are net givers to the federal treasury and the red states are net takers from the federal treasury, yes it is funny how that works. :p

8. Wallet

Wallet

No, unfortunately, it's the truth.

9. Another lie. Liberals such as Gates, Buffet and Soros probably give/gave more than all the conservative types COMBINED.

John Stossels much cited "study" is bullshit. It won't stand up scientific rigor.

Now if you are arguing that cons give more as a % of their income, even that is a lie.

Blacks win in that regard. Devout black Christians will give a 10% tithe even if they have to starve for a few days.

That is why Stossels bull shit "study" shows red states give more per % income.

It's all blacks giving. Not you KKKlan members.

Here's a quick one. How much did you give?

Yep. Nada.

10. I know you're lying.

Since you're too dumb to figure out where you fucked up, I won't tell you how I know.

The funny thing is you actually believe the shit you just made up.

I'll keep on laughing at your expense.

Keep 'em coming. Fucking imbecile.

:D

#10     Nov 9, 2008