'99ers' exhaust benefits, Thousands are banding together to ask for more extensions!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, May 2, 2010.

1. subban

subban

I think the government should get rid of Unemployement Insurance. If you are unemployed and need money the goverment gives you money but then you have to make a commitment to join Us armed forces for two years. That way people get training in a different field and have a different set of skills to use in the job place. If we get rid of UI, you will see US productivity go through the roof implementing my Military commitment plan.

#31     May 3, 2010

2. Hi joker, forget about the military if u are over 40!

I would love to join the military if I can get in. If am too old for combat, I can work their computers better than a lot of people. I can also learn medical task. Not sure if I am so good at killing others.

#32     May 3, 2010
  3. kashirin

kashirin

do we need 50 million people army?

#33     May 3, 2010
  4. Arnie

Arnie

The jocks would just beat them up :D

#34     May 3, 2010
  5. How many of these are "management trainee" jobs that are really commission-only sales jobs?

And other jobs with such exact experience requirement that few can meet.

A friend went back to school. Last year, she graduated from 4-year nursing program. Now they said she does not have nursing experience. Instead, 500 foreign nurses were imported into her area (Seattle).

Any real job has hundreds if not thousands of applicants.

#35     May 3, 2010
  6. #36     May 3, 2010
  7. How many were laid off each month? There doesn't seem to be enough jobs to go around all those who wanted a job.

#37     May 3, 2010
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Ignorant? Hmm, ok.

If you can't even get hired at homeydepot or lowes you are basically all done, retired. Maybe its their drug testing policy that is the problem? :)

#38     May 3, 2010
  9. What made u think Home Depot or Lowes is hiring where he is? If any of these places is hiring, there would be a long line of applicants!

Perhaps many of the unemployed are all done!

By the way, many new grads from a year ago are not finding jobs. These kids are not on unemployementt benefits. they don't have a chance to get started.

#39     May 3, 2010
  10. Some company was on CNBS this morning... said they were going to hire 1,300. Had 45,000 applicants.

#40     May 3, 2010