'99ers' exhaust benefits, Thousands are banding together to ask for more extensions!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, May 2, 2010.

1. Near the Mexican border.

#21     May 2, 2010

2. Where are the 2.5 million unfilled jobs?

Commission-only sales jobs?
    Or jobs that you have to pay to big training fee to the prospective employer with no certainly if you would even earn your fee back!

#22     May 2, 2010
  3. bit

bit

They're postings on Monster by headhunters. :D

#23     May 3, 2010
  4. The solution is simple. Halve minimum wage. In trickle down economics, this will essentially create not even double but TRIPLE the amount of jobs the USA has. Vote for trickle-down. Cut taxes on the rich by 50%. The rich should pay a flat tax aka $5000 flat tax a year, just like every other man. No percentage flat tax, but a REAL flat tax. The rich won't hoard the money, but spend it, thus increasing consumer spending and economic growth.

If you want the USA to regain it's former glory, we NEED trickle down.

#24     May 3, 2010
  5. Lethn

Lethn

The problem is the printing and the debt, unless we get rid of it these jobless numbers are going to rise no matter what is done, anything else is just a temporary foothold for people to stand on before it crumbles.

This is the result of inflation folks, watch closely.

#25     May 3, 2010

6. There are 2.6 million unfilled jobs in the U.S. Why??

Yes, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ JOLTS (Job Openings and Labor Turnover Summary), there were just under 2.6 million job openings on the last business day of May. (The report was released July 7.) These are jobs that employers are actively recruiting to fill, not just slots they’re leaving open until the economy gets better.

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/economicsunbound/archives/2009/07/there_are_26_mi.html

Job Openings and Labor Turnover – February 2010

There were 2.7 million job openings on the last business day of
    February 2010, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
    http://www.bls.gov/news.release/jolts.nr0.htm

#26     May 3, 2010
  7. Why so many job openings? Are they ones which require skills Americans don't have? Are they at too low of a wage for unemployeds who believe they deserve higher pay than offered?

#27     May 3, 2010

8. All that and we are far removed from the can-do generation. We have mostly victims today with the "why should I have to do it" generation. "My friend's friend can't find a job, so I won't even bother."

My grandparents during the Great Depression lost three homes, farms and kept trying. No bailouts nor tax credits.

Grandpa walked, yes, on foot all over the state looking for work, no car, sold it. Finally found a job only 50 miles from home and only visited home once in a great while, long way to walk. Grandma meanwhile took in boarders, cooking and cleaning for more than thirty people, chopping wood to keep the cook stove burning. Hobos got word that this was the place where you could get a meal. Grandma through all her own hardship always found a way to help just one more person. Today you can't get anyone to help themselves.

#28     May 3, 2010
  9. TGregg

TGregg

Highly skilled openings. If you are bright, talented, motivated and experienced in a specialty that is in demand plus not trivial to aquire, you can get a job. If all you can do is lift or carry things or other simple tasks, you're voting democrat and kvetching about your 99 weeks being up.

#29     May 3, 2010
  10. how does one go about applying for one of these? i hear the pay is noyce.

#30     May 3, 2010