990 petition

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by trdr_2000, Sep 7, 2004.

1. 40Deuce

40Deuce

I agree with Jim . . . I left the SP pit a few months back and there is no petition going around

#31     Sep 8, 2004
  2. jim c

jim c

true statement about arbing the minis...not enough paper flow. just to add one thing about "fake" orders. i have a globex machine on my desk i use as a back up for TT. the globex will tell you exactly how many orders make up a single bid or offer. so right now im seeing 19.00 bid on 4000 minis but only showing that bid is made up of 65 orders. if you can get access to this info it helps a little...the larger the amount of orders on a single bid or offer the more one would THINK it is real. this isnt reliable all the time obviously as one person could have an order for 1000 or 2000 minis. but IN GENERAL this is a reliable way to see if the order is B.S. or there is really something there to lean on. just my two cents. thanks for this GREAT site! jim

#32     Sep 8, 2004
  3. MartinD

MartinD

thats very interestinng that you can see the order composition on globex... can you see stops and stop limits working as well?

#33     Sep 8, 2004
  4. jim c

jim c

no...cant see the stops or stop limits...wouldnt that be tasty? jim

#34     Sep 8, 2004
  5. MartinD

MartinD

that would make a market worth manipulating! run those stops! :D

#35     Sep 8, 2004
  6. You're lucky they let you see your own stops.

#36     Sep 8, 2004
  7. The next time that you see an offer for 1250 E-Minis why not put in an order to "lift" that order. At that point, I'm sure you'll find out just how FAKE that standing order really is.

And yes, as one poster noted earlier there are "arbs" all over the place that are gonna keep both the ES and SP in line. If you don't believe so then you are very ignorant of the mechanics of the marketplace.

Last time I checked, showing a two-sided market was not against the law.

:D

#37     Sep 8, 2004
  8. is really showing size at times then cancelling the size .... during RT trading hours ( sometimes overnight too )

this can be annoying ... and makes me wonder when size is real or when

it is an illusion in the e minis

#38     Sep 15, 2004
  9. Try 4 years ago.

The fake bid/offer is done everyday and anyone can do it. Go punch up some low volume NYSE stock during lunch and start stepping bids below the spread. U can prob run it up 50 cents.

#39     Sep 15, 2004
  10. flasher is back after hours ...

in Big SP500 contract

flash huge size 2 big then 2.25 bid then

bye bye ... only a few went though

on both flashes ... what a joker !
    :p

#40     Sep 15, 2004