99.5% fail because trading is too simple, easy, and too boring

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by chewbacca, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Do those things work?

I am only asking for a friend, its not for me. Seriously. not for me.

#51     Dec 29, 2007
  2. :) i have no idea. just looking over the email and saw like 100 spam messages talking about bigger pen1s :)

#52     Dec 29, 2007
  3. 2ez

2ez

Using your diet analogy, the keto or Atkins way of eating may work for one, but not the other. So like trading, obviously it goes further than having discipline. You can have all the discipline in the world, but if you are not following an eating, exercise and resting (just to name three) plan that is conducive towards your body type (Endo, Ecto or Meso), age, genetics...and a list of other variables you will not be successful thinking long term. It's all trial an error....and the body is forever changing. Diets teach you to reduce........but what about maintenance ? You can have a person loose fat or weight, yet still be unhealthy.

When a person reduces, more than likely they loose muscle. If muscle is lost, they are more susceptible to gaining the weight back because there is less muscle to help burn fat. This issue here IMO is just as much Physiology as is with discipline. Discipline is just one variable.....and it takes more than just discipline to make an account grow. ...just as it takes more than discipline to reduce Body Fat%.

I will say it again....Trading is easy to learn, yet difficult to Master.

So the next t time anyone sees a Thick person (just trying to be politically correct) or someone that has blown out there account.......give them a hug and sympathize with their plight....hehehe

#53     Dec 29, 2007
  4. hanhao

hanhao

where did you get that fact from? do you have any source or references?

#54     Dec 31, 2007
  5. hanhao

hanhao

#55     Dec 31, 2007
  6. dagobaz

dagobaz

success in trading is really just like any other gladiatorial game: for every winner, there must be a loser.

"fine," you say.

"so what" ?

if it is a given that most players will lose, to win, simply study what most traders do, then do the opposite.

success, simply defined, is studying failure and not repeating it.

what are your trading resolutions for the new year ?

here are mine: (what better time to admit to yourself the need to improve :) )

1) take stops

2) understand risk before entering any trade

3) use the trailing stops that you decided on before you had cash on the table

4) never deviate from the SPECIFIC entry that got you into the trade

5) do not engage in self-sabotage

6) pay extra attention to your losing trades:

why did they lose ?
    was i following the method ?
    what is true about this trade that is different from other trades of this kind i have done before that worked ?
    did i have an emotional attachment to this trade ?

&

7) teach others what you have learned.

i cannot overstress this last point. i have seen, over many years trading, that those who are trading for their own self-aggrandisement will inevitably fail. It is in the subconscious: if u r in this simply to score the cash,or the pride, or the stuff, or the attention, eventually, u will blow up (or go out) if, on the other hand, u r doing this as a means to an end, and you will not quit, you will eventually succeed.

mother theresa had doubts about her purpose, but she held firm, and did great things.

so can you.

#56     Dec 31, 2007
  7. Very inspirational. Was Mother Theresa involved in any zero-sum games?

M

#57     Dec 31, 2007
  8. good post

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sour...=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=patience+trading&tbm=vid

Patience is the key.

#58     Oct 4, 2016
  9. someone said [something like]
    some people get into trouble in the markets because,

there are Too many ways to get into trouble...

marc
    :cool:

#59     Oct 4, 2016
  10. At the most basic level, people must trade by processing information. Unfortunately, we're not very efficient information processors. We have a lot of biases that enter into trading decisions.
    Consider the trading rules that work: 1) follow the trend; 2) let your profits run; 3) cut your losses short; and 4) manage your money (i.e. risk) so you can stay in the game. If you design something around following those rules, you'll make a lot of money. This all about Trading Psychology.

A trader is his own worst enemy ,the enemy is within , because the odds are against the trader .Most humans are not capable of being rational and behave rationally in trading , with the negative edge ,with losing emotions , stress , trend chop outs , psyche , losing sequences/ drawdowns and winning periods

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
    - African proverb

The Best Trading Proverbs

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    #60     Oct 5, 2016