99.5% fail because trading is too simple, easy, and too boring

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by chewbacca, Dec 11, 2007.

1. I agree with the original poster. It is boring.

In fact those that have read the New Market Wizards....

There's an excerpt there where the psychologist taught the trader how to detach himself from the trade. The trader made a huge amount of money.

The psychologist thought it was great and then the trader turned around and said "this is boring".

He later blew out the account.

Just kind of ironic lol to see this post come up and so many people argue it.

#41     Dec 25, 2007
  2. rading is really hard since as a trader you need do the things most people think it is easy! but actually it is difficult, even you know you are fat and you know you should eat on balance to cut weight but you can not!

"you know today the market will be wild since there is a major report due, but your greed drives you to act before the report or gamble before the market, oops, the report comes out and it is the opposite and you lost BIG!" ...... you named it! greed/fear/hatred etc. is our natural part, you can not remove them and it is there, only few people can handle them quite well, most people are the victims of their emotions

trading is the toughest job just like a sales job, looks easy but hard

#42     Dec 26, 2007
  3. HOLY HELL THAT IS A PERFECT POST!

OUTSTANDING!

#43     Dec 26, 2007
  4. avarus

avarus

5. avarus

avarus

It all starts by just taking action.

#45     Dec 26, 2007
  6. Everyone is an expert. Hey, can I borrow a couple million?

#46     Dec 26, 2007
  7. This is key, if you have stress about losing the maximum amount of your disaster stop, then the leverage is too high.

But many traders need to get rich tommorrow, so they get rich never.

Best Regards
    Oddi

#47     Dec 29, 2007
  8. I agree with this also. Fooled by Randomness.....

#48     Dec 29, 2007
  9. and to complete mark77418's post:

it's also like the people buying those bigger penis solutions because they think that will get them better sex...

...burp

:)

happy new year guys!!!!

#49     Dec 29, 2007
  10. Good post. I like your comparison of crazy fad diets and get-rich-quick schemes. Added to the notion of discipline is that some folks need to be in the market almost all the time, and that is not so different from someone who is almost always eating. So, as I see it, the element of discipline is not limited to execution, but also involves the mapping out of high-quality setups. I think the method/system/strategy should be designed with fairly high standards in mind and should not be used as an excuse to gorge in the market. The latter would be the equivalent of designing a diet of excessive junk food and then having the "discipline" to adhere to that junk diet.

#50     Dec 29, 2007
    sharpe likes this.