95% World Inventions are British

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Objective? LOL! Yeah, let's see, are you saying that someone invents something but then doesn't protect it with a patent? LOL! Right. Or what do you suppose folks are filing patents for, bonehead? Other than inventions.

OldTrader

#41     Jul 30, 2011
  2. More bad information. Columbus was Italian.

OldTrader

#42     Jul 30, 2011
  3. Bakinec

Bakinec

Actually, Columbus was a Hebrew. Inquisition was taking roots, and his parents or grandparents converted to Christianity like many other Jews. Columbus kept a Hebrew calendar with him on his voyages and before he sailed for India, he wrote to the Spanish king that he's going to depart on the day of the official expulsion of Jews from Spain (Inquisition). This is relevant if we're talking about ethnicity than religion. So he might've been a Christian, but not Italian or British. He was a Hebrew.

Speaking of right now, I think Israel is a leader in scientific papers written, per capita.

#43     Jul 30, 2011
  4. baro-san

baro-san

You're kidding :), and people took you seriously. Here's a good link for those curious to find more about who invented what, when and where. Also: here, here.

#44     Jul 30, 2011
  5. Wow! I’m Gobsmacked to find out I’m basically British. Wait until I tell my kids. They will have a benny when I explain this to them and probably tell me I’m off my trolley.

#45     Jul 30, 2011
  6. Written by British people:

It should be 100%. We let ourselves down ..embarrassing really.

We're a disgrace. I'm going to change my nationality I'm that disappointed.

baro-san, the data on the website which you have posted maybe wrong. Did Obama post that data on the website?

Obama's economic and financial reports and data are manipulated or wrong.

#46     Jul 30, 2011
  7. A 12 year old American girl had said "Obama is the only USA president who is not the king".

British have king and royal family.

#47     Jul 30, 2011
  8. i didn`t mean the accents.but idioms

#48     Jul 31, 2011
  9. henry76

henry76

don't you know

#49     Jul 31, 2011
  10. Despite Israels growing R&D output they are lagging even proportionally in paper submission and this may even fall further given the present Israeli administrations spending priorities. They do not show up on Elseivers Scopus paper submission survey but according the Royal Society report 2011 they are in the top 10 of non US nations filling for US patents.

#50     Jul 31, 2011