95% of traders lose

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by fubar, Jun 2, 2007.

1. fubar

fubar

I would tell it to Spyder and those making money but none of them have ever posted their P/L.. (nice try right back at ya).. You must be one of the slack jawed, glassy eyed devotees that is making so much money but has never posted in the P/L thread.. like all the other SCT drones

#31     Jun 3, 2007

2. Clearly you don't understand how the market works

The idea that subscribers to specific approaches are more or less successful because of the approach is incorrect. What is correct is that some traders have been successful in finding an approach that fits their skill set, their psychological strengths and weaknesses, and their experiences. Its not easy but it can be done. Some get there by luck, others by hard work, and still others by some combination of the two. It is certainly a minority but I wouldn't put a number on it, and I think those that do, have no idea of what is real.

Also, there isn't a natural selection process at work here. So a person can stay on here year after year, post after post, never making anything of themselves, and never having to admit that they aren't cut out for this work..Look for instance at MarketSurfer's thread or posts by Jimmy Jam. Each has many thousands of posts. They have been here forever. You would think after all this time, one or the other would have found a way to make consistent money....but no....not even close..

What is the answer. Could it be that Marketsurfer's NeoGann Death Channel (sorry, it always makes me laugh to type it) or Jimmy's flavor of the month chart are complete crap? Who knows? All I can say is if either one were employed by a financial firm, by now they would have found themselves on the sidewalk holding a box of office supplies.

Your comments seem to focus on specific approaches. If so, you should know that the clock is running, and unless you have unlimited time and funds, at some point you will have to either find a way that works for you, or admit that you just don't have what it takes.

If you are interested I would be glad to try to point you in a direction that is more productive. Who knows, maybe others in your same situation could benefit seeing how you handle it.

Steve

#32     Jun 3, 2007
  3. fubar

fubar

I think I'll pass Steve.. you don't fix what aint broke.. But don't let me stop you pluggin away

ps: you do realize you are one of those members with thousands of posts :p

#33     Jun 3, 2007
  4. mark1

mark1 Guest

Sooo seeing my P/L on that thread would change a thing? aside the fact that I find that thread lame, I'm sure you know I could fake it right...

Then tell me what do you want exactly, just to lessen your obsession, a picture? Do you want to go with me and see my bank account? Do you want my broker account password? Do you want to see a picture of my car and my home?

As I said GET A LIFE!!! Lmao

#34     Jun 3, 2007
  5. fubar

fubar

I see you've already thought this through... had to fake many in the past? :p

#35     Jun 3, 2007
  6. mark1

mark1 Guest

Yup that's what I do every farking morning..gee how can I fake my P/l to impress fubar, lol you are funny.

Ok have a nice day and keep trolling around :D

#36     Jun 3, 2007
  7. Yes I am...and for the right reasons. I try to help folks who are having difficulty starting out. Since I am retired from the business, one can observe that I am one of the lucky ones who found a method that fit me.

Also notice that for the most part, I don't make "calls". In my opinion, predicting market movement is for newbies and retail traders. Its an ego thing, but it doesn't mean that a trader knows anything in particular about the market. I have no problem telling you that I don't really have a clue where the market is going. But on a daily basis, if I care to, I can make money. Now if I am right, what that means is that much of what folks post here is of little or no use.

Good luck

Steve

#37     Jun 3, 2007
  8. Of little or use !!!!!

It is very entertaining and the best part is that it is free.

#38     Jun 3, 2007
  9. jheacock

jheacock

90% of all small business fail

#39     Jun 3, 2007
  10. Actually it is not free. I ask people who I help (if they learn enough to make a profit) to make a contribution to the charity of their choice. I never mention it after that, because people who have the discipline and perseverance to learn and profit, are to be trusted.

I hope that is "entertaining" enough for you.

Steve

#40     Jun 3, 2007