95% of traders lose

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by fubar, Jun 2, 2007.

1. fubar

fubar

If only we could all have the benefit of that kind of training guru's would be out of a job and selling snake oil in buttcrack county instead of finding more than enough suckers on the net. True mentors are a rare commodity these days

#11     Jun 2, 2007
  2. Don't discount the impact of luck either. Among the successful, there are those who just got lucky.

#12     Jun 2, 2007
  3. fubar

fubar

There's an old saying... the more you practice the luckier you get

#13     Jun 2, 2007
  4. What is it about shows and anxiously waiting for next week's episode? For some reason it's not the same just watching a DVD of an entire season, one show after another. There is something about watching contemporaneously with millions, mulling and talking it over during the week as you anticipate "to be continued...".

#14     Jun 2, 2007
  5. fubar

fubar

Watercooler moments.. I'm still waiting for a sitcom to match Seinfeld and any show to match the production values of the X-Files, was like a mini hollywood movie every week.. the 90's were golden

#15     Jun 2, 2007
  6. Yep, and it was kicked off by Twin Peaks, one of the best.

#16     Jun 2, 2007
  7. Joab

Joab

Every great trader I know has had a mentor.

Your observations are flawed and you clearly do not have a grasp of the reality of trading and all it's complexities.

#17     Jun 2, 2007
  8. fubar

fubar

Some great traders have mentors... none of them however were Woodie or Jack :p

#18     Jun 2, 2007
  9. Joab

Joab

I have had good experiences with both Woodie and Jack and both have contributed some value to my skill sets.

No offense but I think your problem is that your looking for someone to do it for you.

I once sat beside one of the greatest traders I ever knew (he averaged $150,000 a month) trading independently. After 3 months sitting beside him the best I could learn was a few key elements that I was able to add to my knowledge base.

Trading success is never found in a single over the counter bottle like Aspirin.

I only share this with you because I think you would benefit from the fact that you can learn more with an open mind then you can with a closed one. :)

#19     Jun 2, 2007
  10. fubar

fubar

No offense taken, I developed my own successful method many moons ago.. you are certainly in the minority if you place any value in a man that claims to never have a losing trade, but there's a sucker born every minute according to Mr Barnum :p

#20     Jun 2, 2007