"95% of traders fail within the first 6 months"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chrisjs87, Mar 16, 2010.

1. think the stats are the same for those entering the realestate business and
    probably life insurance, mutual funds, financial advisors, firemen, police etc
    it's the nature of the human condition that most DKWTFTD

#11     Mar 17, 2010
  2. schizo

schizo

"Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep."

Why dontcha channel some of that useless energy into getting rich. If all else fail, you can brag that you died trying.

Seriously, 6-month time frame is a nonsense. The window of opportunity for you to blow up is limitless. For those who have been on a losing streak for months would tell ya that you can technically blow up ANY TIME, not just within 6 months.

#12     Mar 17, 2010
  3. hayman

hayman

Look at the create dates of most of the posters on this forum. Of those still active, probably 95 % of them are SINCE the Credit debacle of over a year ago. Most others got wiped (or quit) during this tumultuous period.

#13     Mar 17, 2010
  4. And this is why just as much money can be made if you mentor. The small 5% that can trade, are sought out by the 95% who cant. But more often than not, you see the 10% who failed, attempting to teach the other 85% who don't know any better.

#14     Mar 17, 2010
  5. And out of those 85% who don't know any better, 20% of them will look join ET to ask questions. LOL

jk

#15     Mar 17, 2010
  6. l2tradr

l2tradr

One's biggest fear in life shouldn't be failure, it should be never having tried (insert goal here) at all. 90% of anything in life will fail (small businesses in general), but this shouldn't mean that we should punch the clock like sheep for 40+ years. (Ironically, I have a full time job :p)

#16     Mar 17, 2010
  7. Someone once said "I'd rather die broke knowing that I tried, than never to have tried at all".

#17     Mar 17, 2010
  8. Hmmmmmmmm. 95% fail so does that mean those that succeed make 20:1?

#18     Mar 17, 2010