95% of all traders lose... do they really?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by jcl, May 25, 2012.

1. GotherL

GotherL

This may sound silly but a lot of life experience and a ton of time playing poker or tcg games can actually give you an edge in trading. There are actually firms that hire people who are good at poker but with no prior trading experience.

#81     Apr 9, 2016
  2. Seems forex trading like as game poker, but in my view forex is real business buy and sell currency using another currency, but only included in high risk business because after open trades then trader will never know where price will moved, and in forex we recognized about technical and fundamental analysis approach to the trend market

#82     Apr 10, 2016
  3. Interesting , I'd be glad if you explain a bit further how playing poker could improve trading skills

#83     Jun 30, 2016
  4. I think playing poker is different with forex trading, although forex also included as high risk business, but as trader need experience and knowledge to analyze the trend market

#84     Jun 30, 2016
  5. drcha

drcha

What do you think is helpful about playing poker? Is it the ability to embrace probability, manage money, or the ability to spot your opponent's weaknesses? Or something else?

#85     Jul 1, 2016
  6. I don't know and not yet having experience in poker game, maybe this game is only like as money game and use lucky to win although need mental to win, but still like with forex although this is risky but can learn to minimize the risk and some trader already they can trading for living

#86     Jul 1, 2016