94 year old gets college diploma

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, May 15, 2010.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100515/ap_on_re_us/us_graduating_at94

In art history, no less. I have a sneaking suspicion that those student loans aint getting paid back. I'm guessing she is going on the minimum payment plan and will take 30 years to pay off her loan. (So i guess she will finish paying at age 124, then its all gravy from there!):D

2. joe4422

joe4422

Shows how worthless a degree is these days.

3. I wonder if she joined a sorority. :p

4. Who cares if she wasn't incurring Students that she can't pay back to the taxpayers.

5. College degrees have been becoming worthless for years now, and our people have been becoming dumber and dumber.

6. ET873

ET873

Speak for yourself! My degree has been useful for me... You only get out what you put in...

7. My was useful for about 25 years or so. Quite useless since the crash of 2008. Now the only job it can help me get is substitute teaching.

Actually it is a handicap when applying to jobs in which a degree is not needed.

8. "94 year old gets college diploma"

in a related story:
    "Analysts are worried that the frequency of fat fingers will increase dramatically"

9. Rep :D :D

10. this is CNN breaking news:

"In a surprising revelation Dr. Kevorkian announced today that he is been increasingly contacted by fresh college graduates"

#10     May 17, 2010