93.33% Accuracy and Better is Achievable with this Forex Strategy.

Discussion in 'Forex' started by IAlwaysWin, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Keep us posted.
    Anything is possible.
    Proving naysayers wrong is my mission in life.

#201     Jul 19, 2019
    expiated and IAlwaysWin like this.
  2. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

Definitely didn't forget about this thread. Still working on a few tweaks and after I go 100% auto, I'll be posting..

#202     Jul 19, 2019
  3. expiated

expiated

Are you working with a programmer or are you building out the system yourself? If the former, is the programmer someone you would or could recommend to others, or does this constitute information you and/or the other individual wish to keep private?

#203     Jul 20, 2019
  4. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

I have a partner that codes Meta language and I do some coding myself but mainly pine script.

#204     Jul 20, 2019
    expiated likes this.
  5. You simply need to show pass investor for everone!

#205     Jul 25, 2019
  6. expiated

expiated

So, IAlwaysWin never went 100% auto? (Just asking...)

#206     Nov 15, 2020
  7. Joeyadi

Joeyadi

But we must not forget that the same strategy for each trader can work in different ways and bring different results.

#207     Apr 6, 2021
  8. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Not necessarily for OP, but given some respondents in this thread:

ExpectedProfit = SizeOfWin * Accuracy + SizeOfLoss * (1 - Accuracy); 0 < Accuracy < 1

What matters is ExpectedProfit > 0, not Accuracy ~ 1 (or Accuracy ~100% in percentages), which carries hidden tail risk where SizeOfLoss is gigantic.

If you don't understand this equation (or have an equivalent practical understanding/experience) you don't understand trading, period.

#208     Apr 6, 2021
  9. I find the largest issue with backtesting is that you need data points from all market environments, meaning you have to go back very far. Also, backtesting is always the idealized trade. Emotions do not occur in backtesting and confirmation bias can wreck havoc on results.

Have you found a way to counteract these factors?

#209     Apr 6, 2021
  10. expiated

expiated

IAlwaysWin typed "my plan with this thread is to test different markets and post the results here." But, I looked and looked and could not find where this ever occurred! Did the original poster abandon this plan, or am I simply suffering from selective blindness (which often turns out to be the case)?.:confused:

#210     Apr 6, 2021