92% of US say stimulus is NOT working

Discussion in 'Economics' started by sosueme, Oct 9, 2009.

1. jprad

jprad

Is there anything that's not rigged these days?

It has to be an indictment of the Bush administration more than recognition of anything Obama did.

Of course, this could turn out to be the ultimate top tell, not unlike the Heisman or cover of Time magazine...

#21     Oct 9, 2009
  2. sosueme

sosueme

More or less, he has a huge opinion of his own ability to bend people.
    This works at the voter level hence the recent increase in his rating.
    It does not work on the world stage.

Chenney/Bush used the mad gorilla tactic which has a limited shelf life, but then so did they.

Reason only works amongst reasonable people otherwise it is perceived as a weakness. Therefore sooner rather than later obama must show overwhelming strength and all he has left is the military.

Actually, there is one intervening step and that is the threat of default where he would include friendly countries within his new dollar umbrella and exclude the rest.
    Problem is that he needs commodity countries within the umbrella and none of the sizable ones trust washington.

I do not believe this will work but that does not stop it from happening.

Obama has very few options, not so much through what he has said so far, but more because of what he has inherited.

Try to think of the Trade Wars more like a series of intellectual manoeuvrings where size and power play a lesser role.

This is very new territory for washington where lobbying and negotiations have been the name of the game.

These rather simplistic tactics coupled with the threat of force belong in the past.
    They will not take US into the next decade.

#22     Oct 9, 2009
  3. zdreg

zdreg

msm is not how u spell messiah. what is MSM?

#23     Oct 9, 2009
  4. zdreg

zdreg

show me the money. i mean show me the republican leadership. it is not there. the US is kaput.

#24     Oct 9, 2009
  5. logikos

logikos

Huh, maybe, but I am thinking it is because how to flew around the world apologizing for America's past and how bad we are.

#25     Oct 9, 2009
  6. sosueme

sosueme

US is not kaput, obama realises the old ways don't work anymore, but by signaling this to the world, he is banking on the rest of the world moving over to accommodate a new look US.

The problem is that the rest of the world wants US in a size and shape that is impossible for obama to sell to the voters.

#26     Oct 9, 2009
  7. Main Stream Media

#27     Oct 9, 2009
  8. 92% of Americans wouldn't know the difference between a Laffer Curve, Phillips Curve and Curve Ball. They better consider what would have happened IF stimulus action hadn't been taken.

Doesn't matter, though. By the time the 2012 election gets here, the economy will be humming along just fine and 401K's will have rebounded. Obama by a landslide.

#28     Oct 9, 2009
  9. sosueme

sosueme

Good on you RB.
    It is guys like you who will rebuild the economy back to full employment in 3 years.

#29     Oct 9, 2009

10. Tax cuts and deregulation are the path to huge deficits and debts and businesses that constantly need to be bailed out when their extravagant new ideas to make money implode, as they always do.

#30     Oct 9, 2009