911 was our fault: Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

You wanted to know how you loan money you don't have to yourself. Ok, you do have money. So, buy a T-bill.

#51     Jan 16, 2012

2. When are the ET - 5 Star Generals going to comment on this ?

#52     Jan 16, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Huh?

#53     Jan 16, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

What difference does it make to you?
    You're going to blindly follow Odumbo...even if he starts WWIII.

#54     Jan 16, 2012
  5. Mvector

Mvector

You mean the AIPAC love children?

LOL! They don't have real answers - just hot wind - from both ends!

#55     Jan 16, 2012
  6. What do you think will happen if/when our currency loses its reserve status?

#56     Jan 16, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

I think it already is, but gradually, which is what everyone wants.

#57     Jan 16, 2012
  8. And when the process is complete, and the resultant devaluation of the dollar, reduced credit rating, et al, how would you characterize our financial situation then? Do you think we will be able to afford our vast military empire and extremely expensive foreign escapades?

I guess what I'm getting at is, does it make sense to you, given our precarious financial position, for us to continue to borrow and spend at our current rate...or, would it be more intelligent for us to begin to pull back now, before the other shoe drops?

#58     Jan 16, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

The process is (relative) devaluation. The reduced credit rating is a largely independent factor--other nations have had AAA credit but their currencies are not the reserve currency.

No, the American Empire must continue its steady contraction. It's unfortunate how fast these things happen in our era. It took Rome centuries to fall. Thanks to modern communication technology this can be accomplished in decades. Might be a good thing, though, if it prevents the rise of a new empire. I think we are "pulling back", the reversal of the "two war capable" strategy is evidence. The big hiring chill for the military is more.

#59     Jan 16, 2012
  10. Debatable assertion regarding the credit rating agencies aside, I suppose I can agree that gradual is better than instantaneous.

#60     Jan 16, 2012