911 was our fault: Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yes it is, although I would have thought Bin Laden would be pissed/attack his government for that. Not us.
    Again yes, and for damn good reason
    You lost me there. I don't see the relation between US troops being invited and illegal peasants crossing our borders.
    I'd be outraged, at OUR government, the morons who invited the foreigners.

In fact I'm more pissed at our government for not closing our boarders than I am at the peasants themselves for wanting to come here. Admittedly I do despise them for arrogantly refusing to assimilate AND ignoring our immigrations laws.

#11     Jan 15, 2012
  2. You can't be serious, right? Objecting to certain aspects of your country's foreign policy and murdering 3,000 civilians of another country that has not done anything illegal (yes, the presence of the US troops in SA is in full compliance with international law and bilateral agreements between two countries) are not exactly the same things, are they?

Ron Paul's views is an open season on american civilians, anyone disagreeing with certain aspects of the US foreign (or domestic for that matter) policy, legal and legitimate as it may be will just blow up a few skyscrapers and Ron Paul will declare that "it is our fault".

#12     Jan 15, 2012
  3. This is one of many reasons why Ron Paul is a kook.

We were on Saudi soil to begin with at the express and urgent invitation of King Fahd who feared being invaded by Iraq, and we remained there with the Saudis' permission after the Gulf War for Operation Southern Watch.

So even though bin Laden said our presence there was one of his main motivations, the "blowback" claim is a red herring and total bullshit. Because if bin Laden had a problem with our presence, it should have been with our hosts. And even then, who the fuck is he to dictate what the Saudis (or we) do anyway? We were invited and had a right to be there so claiming our presence was "blowback" is in effect saying we should clear everything we do with Islamofascists so we don't piss them off.

#13     Jan 15, 2012
  4. In the last sentence meant provoked "blowback" not was "blowback."

#14     Jan 15, 2012
  5. In various pronouncements before and after the attacks,[114][115] al-Qaeda explicitly cited three motives for its activities against Western countries: the presence of U.S. troops in Saudi Arabia,[115][116][117] U.S. support of Israel,[118][119] and sanctions against Iraq.[120]

In addition to those cited by bin Laden and Al-Qaeda, analysts have suggested other motives, including western support of non-Islamist authoritarian regimes in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan and northern Africa, and western troups in some of these countries

#15     Jan 15, 2012
  6. Then do you "think" we should clear everything we do with Islamofascists so we don't piss them off? Get their permission first? And if we don't, whatever they do is our fault?

#16     Jan 15, 2012
  7. Mercor

Mercor

Yes, It was right for us to be there.

I would blame Clinton for doing nothing over 8 years to change the situation after we freed Kuwait.

Clinton was to afraid to go after Saddam and to afraid to change strategies so he sat there for 8 years protecting no fly zones.

Clinton said many times along with Sen. Clinton, Kennedy that we were their to keep Saddam from continuing to make WMD

All the years of Clinton and the Democrats repeating that Saddam was going to make WMD really set public and private opinion in that direction.

#17     Jan 15, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Of course, anytime you try to understand the motives of the violent and/or insane it's immediately assumed that you are defending their actions.

#18     Jan 15, 2012
  9. You use this tired comeback whenever anyone cites the term blowback. Remember, the CIA coined the phrase, not Ron Paul. Ron Paul is simply quoting the CIA. It's a cause and effect situation, not a "fault" situation. I mean, if I pitched a tent in your front yard, you'd take action...wouldn't you? See how that works...cause...and effect. So, unless you think our CIA is kooky, your claim that Ron Paul is a kook makes you seem less than intelligent.

Now, if you have some background knowledge the rest of us are not privy to, or you can speak above and beyond what our intelligence experts have universally asserted, then by all means do so. Do you, Trader666, know more than the CIA?

#19     Jan 15, 2012
  10. Mvector

Mvector

The real islamofascists - very low total numbers of credible forces - of the world could all be taken out in 72 hours if the western world wanted to - but they won't do it. The "created" controlled opposition enemy of al qaeda was built from US assets. The muslim brotherhood was built from MI-6 britt assets and the hamas was built from israeli assets - all of the groups were built for a purpose - CONTROLLED OPPOSITION. Instability in the middle east is GREAT BUSINESS, and it will never stop until the world is drug into WWIII or the US is saved from the globalist central banking cartels stranglehold - which completely controls the entire game.

The entire geopolitical realm of the middle east is a massive mirage in the desert - most of you do not have any idea what the reality is and it really shows in the very uneducated comments here. Many of you are all victims of your own stupidity - from over dependence on what you have been fed from MSM.

#20     Jan 15, 2012