91% approve SOTU AND Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cgroupman, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Viewership down, market volume down, voter turnout will more than likely be down as well.

Realistically, people are falling out of the system at an ever greater pace, regardless of all the hooplah and manufactured "feel good" data that we are bombarded with daily.

#11     Jan 25, 2012
  2. I'm curious, what specifically did you not like about it? Did you even watch it?

I thought it was a very good speech with many good ideas. I can't find fault anything he said. I know it's not cool to admit such a thing. I would have thought his ideas to consolidate the gov and reduce unnecessary regulations for instance would make some on the right happy.

I suspect many on the right could not even bring themselves to watch. They might have to think twice.

#12     Jan 25, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

No, I didn't watch much of it but I did review the relevant parts of it after the fact and skimmed the transcript.

There isn't much Obama says that I do like. He doesn't offer specifics and just repeats the same tired rhetoric in an attempt to be grandiose.

I didn't even watch the Republican rebuttal.

#13     Jan 25, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

It would make me happy. IF he actually did it. Considering his propensity for lying however I'm not holding my breath.
    If he's serious, what took him 3 + years to start it?

#14     Jan 25, 2012
  5. Seems as though you don't have the faintest idea of how government works. . . . Luke.

#15     Jan 26, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I know there is a lot more to it that just you getting your welfare check, at my expense.

#16     Jan 26, 2012
  7. Wow. You mean you still haven't figured out that he'll say whatever the hell need be said to get re-elected? Heck, even some of the biggest "hopium" addicts from the 2008 campaign have expressed their "disappointment".

All you have to do is look at his home state of Illinois to see just how ludicrous this notion is that he would ever "consolidate the government".

I figure that you must be a naive kid to actually believe any of his tired rhetoric.

#17     Jan 26, 2012

8. If you think im on welfare, you're dumber than you appear here.

#18     Jan 26, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

READ THE ACTUAL POLL.

Some interesting commentary...

And this one, telling you all you need to know about the stupidity of the folks voting in this poll:

#19     Jan 26, 2012

10. Loll . . . . is the Emperor calling the voting people stupid. :D .

#20     Jan 26, 2012