90% winners - really?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SMI, May 25, 2012.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

Larry Connors, not the first, wrote a book called How Markets really Work (2004) detailing among many trading ideas up days in a row and down days in a row.

Then added other filters. Very interesting indeed.

Gives all kinds of stats.

#31     May 30, 2012
  2. You missed my question. I was asking about the reference to Don Miller and what your point was there. I couldn't tell if you used his example in a positive or negative aspect. fwiw I did pretty well in english class, but could not comprehend what you meant.

I don't know about QEP and trade-call advisory stuff because quite frankly that failed business concept died deader than Bin Laden several years ago. I highly doubt there are even two pear-shaped losers remaining on earth who will pay money to sign up for some trade call service and try to blindly follow along with hope of making money.

#32     May 30, 2012
  3. What is your NFA ID number?

Are you a CTA?

Qep is only for people interested in a managed program, not for people interested in education then why i should go through the qep qualification ?

Do you have your own track record ?

Please give us detailed info so there is no need for any "attacks"..

#33     May 31, 2012
  4. Macho

Macho

Lazy !!

ID 040337.Since 08. CTA member also.

Could be a member of the Taliban

:eek: :mad: with a first name NIGEL!!

Hasn't filed for any exemptions. No accounts. And is soliciting for accounts.

Probably NO record to back the trading up.

#34     May 31, 2012
  5. SMI

SMI ET Sponsor

Macho provided some of the answers to your question above it seems (I just have to ignore some of the irrelevant inflammatory comments in the post). So, as for the "why" - YOU were the one that asked for certain information, remember? I am simply telling you how to get it. I don't make the rules in this case - I just have to abide by them. So that is the "why".

At the end of the day, you can push as much as you want and accuse as much as you want and flame as much as you want - it's not going to get you anywhere other than to keep bumping this thread up the top of the list. You have everything I can give to you and you know what you have to do to get more. If you don't like the rules, there's nothing I can do about it.

#35     May 31, 2012
  6. Macho

Macho

Looking pretty ugly today. Potential profit=2 Potential loss today----30 points. Need a hell of a lot of winning days to make this up:eek:

#36     Jun 1, 2012
  7. SMI

SMI ET Sponsor

Yup - that's one reason why it's not a "system" per se. At 90% win rate - you do get all those winners to make up for the occasionally ugly day. The bigger question is - can you execute and get the fills if you were to even try to systematize this model.

Even at 30 points, its still not the worse loss the model has ever suffered.

#37     Jun 1, 2012
  8. ==========
    No, Don ;
    sounds like you were plenty kind.

Not sure if the Larry Williams/ educator remark was an insult or compliment.LOL.??

I have a free Larry Williams book;
    its more than worth it. :cool: I paid for some literature of his partly also.Its not Jack Schwager material/help ...

#38     Jun 1, 2012
  9. Thanks... I try to not disparage anyone. I'm in a weird spot within the industry. I came to teaching out of pure need, not greed, as with some. I do charge a small amount for a lifetime of training ($1.000) - but we make our money from successful traders, not from teaching.

Heck, me and my guys have taught more real information to help traders in our free dinner and drinks workshops than I have seen in many of the courses (and reports there from). Just from actually being involved and trading daily.

Those who may have made some $$ and a name long ago, then now rely solely on teaching, well, I guess "some" are ok, but not many.

We to live in the real world, trading daily, watching trader risk, and constantly trying to help those who, in some cases, just don't want help - they have "always done it this way" - and don't want to change. If they don't change, they tend to go away.

I use Reagan's old term "Trust but Verify" often during my classes.

In any event, I applaud those who really do try to help.

Don

#39     Jun 1, 2012
  10. But in the end over time, all that data mining is nothing more than curve-fitted thru a certain period of time. All those models Conners ever wrote and then every system offered by TradingMarkets has summarily augured straight into the ground.

Successful trading is incredibly simple: you learn to read and measure price action without bias or prejudice. Then, when you learn to spot which two to five real opportunities exist each day, you execute properly, quit too soon and get on with the pleasure of living for a living once the chores of trading are done.

Traders fail because they make things way too complex, they expect = hope that computer power can make up for endless hours of eyeballs research and most of all, they expect to find an edge all day every day around the clock.

The truth is, learning to trade is ridiculously easy. Believing it is that simple and not burying the real grail a mile deep with tons of complex overburden is where traders go wrong.

#40     Jun 1, 2012