90% traders don't make it???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kalashnicac, Jul 27, 2005.

1. toe

toe

I'm not sure whether its 90% of traders win or 90% lose or something else but I'd be willing to bet this, the fewer who win the more they win ;)

#141     Aug 2, 2005
  2. The law of inverse expectation: The longer a person has been trading the smaller his estimation of successful traders becomes.:)

#142     Aug 2, 2005
  3. Remiraz

Remiraz

#143     Aug 2, 2005
  4. 1 - Predicting price movement is suicide. Someone said in either this thread or another quite eloquently, "You must listen to the Market and do as you are told". Or something similar.
    2 - I am strictly a TA trader and have NEVER traded a breakout in my life. Breakouts are not only stupid but suicide.
    3 - You have already proved that you do not fully understand the overall use of TA by concentrating on breakouts in TA. There is absolutely nothing technical about breakouts. Breakouts are the absolute bottom of TA usage and least useful. Calling Breakouts the bulk of TA is like calling the drive to the restaurant the most flavorful part of the meal.
    4 - As I stated before, classic TA signals are inconsistent and impractical to trade. And if you get your trading "facts" from Real Money and not from Real Life practical experience, that could be part of the overall misconceptions you are having regarding TA.
    5 - You stated quite well why Breakouts don't work in your last paragragh.

#144     Aug 2, 2005
  5. I second that!

#145     Aug 2, 2005
  6. I'd bet it's the 80/20 rule. Of the winners, 80% of the profits are made by 20% of the participants.

43yotrader

#146     Aug 2, 2005