90% Profitable Setup

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Spectra, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beebers

Beebers

I recall when I would just go into the market with blazing guns and glory. It didn't last long. And then came the hesitation part I had to work through because of fear. But this is a non-issue at this point as well. Having a variety of stops (max. loss per trade, max. loss per day, max. loss for the portfolio) helped me with that. However, the next problem is holding on to a good trade - fake breakouts and short term retracements are tough. How to handle that well, consistently, still is my biggest hurdle. Indicators help me with that but sometimes at great emotional expense.

[One of the hardest parts of trading, is taking the trade. Its a psychological problem because even for those of us who over time have a 60% win ratio, you still know that you will have a losing trade. This is what is the problem since you KNOW it.

Those who don't know how to trade or say the clueless, don't understand this concept. They will take a trade thinking it will win and hold on if it is a loser. However, the cold reality is that you have to take a loss on your losing trades, and this is why only 10% of traders succeed.

Even after a year of doing well, I still have problems pulling the trigger. I still feel emotions of good if I have a winning day, and bad when I have a losing day.]

#271     Jul 14, 2008
  2. They are still available on our forum at http://www.puretick.com/BB2 if I can't even motivate a guy to type in a web address, how do you suggest I get him to read all of Alex's orientation rules...or stay on a simulator for a few days or put any effort at all in to his trading. I see my exercise coach with the same dilemma. Has people who come to him and want to get 'buff' and give up in 2 weeks. We all have motivation problems. Just takes going 'bust' a few times to say 'THATS ENOUGH'!!

Cajun Sniper - Co-Admin/Trader
    PureTick.com - Profit from Panic

#272     Aug 11, 2008
  3. Tcbjx9

Tcbjx9

is there a pw? I dont see it

#273     Aug 13, 2008
  4. Sorry yes:

pure
    cocoa

#274     Aug 14, 2008
Thread Status: