90 min before the open, where can I find a list of stocks Gapping up/Gapping down?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Rearden Metal, Dec 3, 2005.

1. if u know where to look in the ib scanner u are able to find all gaps, and separate those that attract interest and likely to trend or have good ranges from those goin' nowhere fast. i couldn't do without it.

#41     Sep 6, 2006
  2. Attached is today's hotlist as of a few mins ago.

Updates every 30 secs.

Cost: free after executing 10 round turn contracts on the platform.

#42     Sep 6, 2006
  3. zdreg

zdreg

thx. can you make the print larger?
    i found a way to make the print larger.
    kudos to you and gaj for your posts

#43     Sep 6, 2006
  4. Yes, the font size and other formatting can be adjusted within the application to suit.

The jpg file I attached is taken from a 1920x1200 24" screen, so the font and formatting may look 'too small' depending upon viewer's screen size.

#44     Sep 6, 2006
  5. I received a PM request to post today's hot list, so here it is.

I improved the hot list with a few linked windows. If I click on any security in the hotlist, its corresponding news, company research, and market depth come up automatically.

So, let's say XOM rockets to the top of today's %Gainers list. I click on it and immediately see the news for the stock, its market depth, etc.

#45     Sep 7, 2006
  6. your xom data gotta be wrong; ystdy close was around 67; now is almost unch.

#46     Sep 7, 2006
  7. #47     Sep 7, 2006
  8. Hi Bitstream. If memory serves, I took the snapshot at 8:04 am ET. At that time, there were 2 trades in XOM and the Last was 11.30 above yesterday's close of 67.18. Now the Last is around 67.10, nearly unchanged.

Looking at Time & Sales, XOM traded at 78.48 at 04:54:03 am ET. This trade was subsequently deleted/busted around 8:05 am, after my snapshot.

#48     Sep 7, 2006
  9. right, fat finger error, me guesses.

#49     Sep 7, 2006
  10. I really appreciate you doing this.
    I've put the task of finding a new source as my clerk's #1 priority for the past two days, and STILL we have nothing. He even incorrectly paid $50 to some guy here for totally useless info. Opening a tradestation account just for this purpose seems kind of silly.

Does tradestation also provide pre-market and after-hours intraday stock charts? That's been on my shopping list for a while now. If tradestation does provide such charts, I'd be more likely to set up an account there as I'd be killing two Muslims with one stone.

How about Bloomberg? Does it have proper pre-open lists of gapping stocks? Does Bloomberg have pre-open & after-hours intraday stock charts? I appreciate all helpful answers in advance...

#50     Sep 7, 2006