90 min before the open, where can I find a list of stocks Gapping up/Gapping down?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Rearden Metal, Dec 3, 2005.

1. newtoet

newtoet

Both my lists from briefing usually appear at around 9:00 EST - with a few exceptions every now and then.

Why is the original poster looking for a list 90 minutes before the open? You will miss a lot of gappers as many will not show up until much later.

Prophet is good, but I don't think you can get the list until after the open (I may be wrong) which works for me.

FYI, trader-x (great blog) uses these and also uses RealTick which he says has gap lists:

http://traderx.blogspot.com/2005/11/trading-faq.html

#11     Dec 4, 2005
  2. I trade gaps with tradingday.com. Great site.

#12     Dec 4, 2005
  3. This has been a useful tool... but they killed it today.
    Can anyone suggest possible replacements?

#13     Sep 1, 2006
  4. #14     Sep 1, 2006
  5. You forgot to mention www.midnighttrader.com - I highly recommend them for pre and post market. It has streaming news movers upgrades etc.

#15     Sep 1, 2006
  6. OK, I'll find it eventually.. but this is getting annoying.

The INET site used to have the top 100 stocks gapping up & down, Naz + NYSE. You could list them from biggest gapper to smallest. For reasons unknown, they decided to kill that site last week.

The closest thing I can find now is this crap, which only lists the top ten Naz stocks- no NYSE.

I got a free trial to midnighttrader, which as far as my ADD impatient ass can see- has no such list, and nothing of value at all (I already have briefing).

<b>90 minutes before the open, where can I find a comprehensive list of the biggest gapping up/ gapping down stocks, including both Naz & NYSE?</b>

#16     Sep 5, 2006
  7. I wonder who the frigging genious is who fu**ed this up? Must be one of the new 'value added' services of the merger. IDIOTS.

Now the best bet is probably Briefing's little blurb on gapper's.

#17     Sep 5, 2006
  8. Rearden. Thanks for the heads up. Tradingday.com is kaput on gaps also. 10 is better than nothing.

#18     Sep 5, 2006
  9. RM,

this isn't the best website. It's delayed. But it's the only way I can find the NYSE gappers. It also has nasdaq.

Check it out: it's http://money.cnn.com/data/premarket/nyse/

-SL

#19     Sep 5, 2006
  10. This can be done quickly and effectively in TradeStation. After reading this thread, I created a Hot List with the following features:

- Four tables of the Top 25 securities in rank order:

% Gainers
    % Losers
    Most Active by Volume
    Most Active by Trades

- An overall securities list that spans AMEX, Nasdaq, and NYSE. Also filterable based on a single exchange.

- Tables update every 30 seconds. Better than a single pre-market snap shot.

TradeStation is free if you run 10 round-trip contracts or 25,000 shares a month through their platform.

EDIT: File too large to attach here. Shrunk file and attached in post below.

#20     Sep 5, 2006