$90 dollars to invest, where to begin?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jakeman81, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Visaria

Visaria

Find yourself a hooker, tell her you only have $90 in the whole wide world, but you want to learn how to make love to a woman properly. If she agrees, you may have have learnt a highly valuable skill that will stay with you forever :D

#51     Dec 29, 2010
  2. bone

bone

You may also have contracted a disease that will stay with you forever, not to mention the terrible emotional scars that would come with having to actually look at what a $90 trick actually looks like.

#52     Dec 29, 2010
  3. Crispy

Crispy

#53     Dec 29, 2010
  4. dewton

dewton

That kind of assumes you have arable land available (that you own) to grow enough crops to feed you for life. Not to mention the property taxes.

#54     Dec 29, 2010
  5. Visaria

Visaria

I'm afraid I wouldn't know :D

In any case, he's there to LEARN! :p

#55     Dec 29, 2010
  6. Crispy

Crispy

Clearly.

But if they do have have access to these things then they can be fed for life. Thats one hellofa ROI compounded lifetime.

Even a balcony apt with potted plants can provide a good portion of your veggies if done properly. Easily 90 bucks a quarter back in your pocket.

#56     Dec 29, 2010
  7. BCE

BCE

When I was growing up our family had a friend who had been a tailor. But he became interested in the financial markets. And he read some books, but mainly what he did was go to his broker, who I believe was Paine Weber, and he'd sit there and watch the ticker scroll across the top of the wall and talk to the brokers to learn from them. He learned a lot and eventually became a multimillionaire. Just a simple tailor. And I remember he drove a Nash Rambler. Ha. :) True. Kind of like Warren Buffet.

And he helped my dad become involved in the markets too. And he had him buy blue chip stocks and just hold them and invest any dividends in more stocks. My dad did well over the years with this simple strategy. And when I was about 14 I remember talking to him about the markets and he told me a few things and gave me some small gray books with information on various companies and told me to look through them and see what I could find out. And he also recommended that I take about $100 and buy about 10 shares of some small company that he liked the prospects of. I looked at it but didn't actually buy the shares. But I kept an eye on the stock. And in about 6 months the stock had risen in value about 150%. I was really impressed with how smart he was and what he knew. And of course I realized I would have made $150 on my investment if I had bought the stock. I guess this was my first taste of the markets.

#57     Dec 29, 2010
  8. bone

bone

Great advice - seeds or a hooker, or plant your seed in a hooker.

#58     Dec 29, 2010
  9. Crispy

Crispy

Thanks for ruining my lunch choice for today - egg drop soup.

#59     Dec 29, 2010
  10. Take Auburn and give the points.

#60     Dec 29, 2010