$90 dollars to invest, where to begin?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jakeman81, Dec 21, 2010.

1. benwm

benwm

Place £45 EACH WAY on Lucky Silk at 50-1 in the 3:30 at NEWMARKET...

#41     Dec 23, 2010
  2. Buy three new American Silver Eagle coins at around $31 each. You'd have to look around for a place to buy them for a good price and where you don't have to pay a lot for shipping.

When you go to sell them, you could sell them back to the dealer where you bought them but the difference between the buy and sell price seems to be around 5%. You could put them up on Ebay and you could probably get more than you paid for them right away without any silver price increase.

#42     Dec 23, 2010
  3. This is actually good advice. It's a physical, tangible way to collect. I agree. This is a good bang for the 90 bucks...

kid..I hope you capture a whole bag of them for your future family ☺

ES

#43     Dec 23, 2010
  4. Silver is an ok investment but silver is the poor man's gold. Gold is an excellent investment! :) Books can be read for free at any library. I wouldn't suggest getting involved in any illegal activities because if you are caught this will only mess up your life in the future. It is perfectly fine to spend it on yourself or your girlfriend and go out and have a good time with your friends, this is what life is all about for me - pleasure, profit, and freedom! :)

So much advice on this thread - I didn't think it would get this many replies. However I must ask, do you guys think this guy is seriously serious? When I first read the original post I said to myself, "This has gotta be a joke!"

-Action

#44     Dec 23, 2010
  5. don't you see the satire yet?

#45     Dec 23, 2010
  6. Well, I do, but I can't speak for everyone. Seems alot of people on here legitimately tried to help him invest his $90 lol

#46     Dec 23, 2010
  7. drcha

drcha

Who cares if he is serious--it is an entertaining question.

#47     Dec 23, 2010
  8. TRS

TRS

I agree.
    I say deposit the 90 bucks in an OANDA account and trade. No, I don't work for them or have an account with them.
    You will learn more about yourself than you can imagine. Thing is at 18/19 years age you probably wont comprehend it :) :cool:
    Have fun and keep life balance

#48     Dec 23, 2010
  9. pegasys1

pegasys1

I'd say OandA or FXCM Micro(more leverage, though that may be over now), it takes a long time to learn how to trade. I started with $100 when I was 15 at OandA, I ended up losing about 3k in the first 3 years of trading, but have made 20k in the 4 years after that, and now I just got a job as a trader at a hedge fund.

I am the youngest trader there, but I don't think that's a bad thing. IMO if you want to be a trader you have to start trading early. It takes time to master your emotions and really learn how to be a profitable trader. I'd say about 5 years of losing and frustration before you start to make money on a regular basis.

You can either start now, and be ready to go when you are 23 (assuming you're 18 now), or wait 'till you graduate from college at 21 and not be a profitable trader until you're 26.

I worked as a Registered Rep, aka stock broker, aka glorified telemarketer for about 9 months, and I hated it. If not for my trading I would still be doing that, which is a nightmare. If I didn't dedicate myself to being a trader so early I'd be stuck doing something I hate, instead of something I love. Trading professionally is different than trading retail, but the retail experience I have certianly helps.

Long story short, if you know what you want to do when you grow up, start training for it now. Sooner is better. Always.

#49     Dec 25, 2010
  10. tim888

tim888

You can begin at the grocery store...:)

#50     Dec 25, 2010