$90 dollars to invest, where to begin?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jakeman81, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Here's one sure-fire way to get a secure, greater than inflation return on a $90 investment with no capital gains tax: Buy forever stamps.
    (But I also like the bullion idea.)
    Books, you can read for free at any public library or big-chain book store.

#31     Dec 22, 2010
  2. I did not realize this. I am just a glorified spam watcher. Content of posts, judgments of posters and such really has no place here...

I am a trader...that wants to contribute to ET any way that I can.

ES

#32     Dec 22, 2010
  3. for sure don't buy the insurance. do you want to make KINGOFSHORTS rich?

IWM close 79.28

#33     Dec 22, 2010
  4. You can't even open a brokerage account with 90. Save up 500 To 2000 dollars and find a good broker. For 90.00 id just save it till you can use it for something.

#34     Dec 22, 2010
  5. Set up a brokerage account with interactive brokers and convert your US dollars to canadian or australian dollars. While the fed continue to print money, you'll make a great return with no brokerage costs.

#35     Dec 22, 2010
  6. bone

bone

"While the fed continue to print money, you'll make a great return with no brokerage costs"

That, RB, is incredibly brilliant.

#36     Dec 22, 2010
    #37     Dec 22, 2010
  8. drcha

drcha

Good point. No need for insurance when you are 19.

#38     Dec 22, 2010
  9. invest in yourself and start a business doing things like mowing people's lawns and trimming their hedges, cleaning their windows, washing their cars.,etc. use some of the $90 to print flyers and then go around the neighborhood putting them on people's doors. hand out "50% off" coupons for new customers. refer to everyone when you speak as "sir" or "m'am"; older folks like that.

these ideas have low startup costs and will teach you about entrepreneurship, risk taking, money management, and intra-personal skills. that's more valuable learning than you'd get from buying a single ETF

#39     Dec 23, 2010
  10. there's no minimum to open a cash account at many brokerages, but he should definitely check if there are any monthly/quarterly fees for falling below some threshold.

#40     Dec 23, 2010