90,000 New Retail Brokerage Accounts Being Opened Every Day In China

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by BlueStreek, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Which one? I only found statement like "illegal brokerage firms sell and trade shares of unlisted companies".

#21     Jan 25, 2007
  2. the reporter on cnbc was talking about (chinease citizens, chinease banks, and chinease markets implicitly) and she said it was illegal, but that the govt. doesn`t enforce it.

who knows how changing any of those three implicit assumptions changes the legality and enforcement of this practice, which essentially, is an internal carry trade for chinease citizens right now.

#22     Jan 25, 2007
  3. G-Boa

G-Boa

so what's the play here??

long the exchanges and be ready to short the big lending banks??

if you're in the U.S. how do you access these foreign markets?? ADRs??

#23     Jan 25, 2007
  4. chinease banks have a history of poor lending practices, that`s why those banks are still relatively cheap as compared to american banking stocks, their regional banks make loans that would never pass the standards of a capitalistic country, they took a hit today, along with the insurance companies.

#24     Jan 25, 2007
  5. I bet the Chinese PPT is way more advanced and well funded, being communist after all. No risk baby.

#25     Jan 25, 2007
  6. asap

asap

ahahah.

the only thing these guys have in sync with communism is their red flag.

they're running a laissez-faire economy where there is no safety net for those left behind. their stock market ressemble the wall street situation on late 20's.

#26     Jan 25, 2007
  7. [​IMG]

P/E is about 18 - not that unreasonable.

#27     Jan 25, 2007
  8. asap

asap

i dont know where you get that info but it is wrong. China PE is close to 40 with current valautions. even the S&P 500 is trading above 18 right now.

#28     Jan 25, 2007
  9. http://stocks.us.reuters.com/stocks/overview.asp?symbol=.HSI

interesting hsi almost hit 21,000 and then what a fade, it has done this twice this year, once it dropped nearly 1000 in a week at the beginning of the year, this market is all over the place with volitility of swing moves of 2% each day.

#29     Jan 26, 2007