9 Year Old Graduating With Electrical Engineering Degree

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Option_Attack, Nov 17, 2019.

1. dartmus likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

3. Yeah if he was Really smart he'd get off all social media!

4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Do you know what they call a grown up prodigy? An adult.

All he got is lost his childhood. He is probably too small to change a light bulb.

5. There are several ways to measure ones capability: Intelligence Quotient, Social Quotient, and Emotional Quotient. All three of these metrics are important indicators for success as an adult.

Anyone scoring low in any one of these areas will likely have a difficult time in getting people to work with them.

It seems to me, however, the learning capabilities of our children are seriously underestimated by our educational institutions, limiting our progress as a species. Reforming our education methods to accommodate the learning capabilities of our children would not have to come at the cost of their socialization or emotional development, in my opinion.

6. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

Kids can learn way faster than most imagine, but it can't be done in a school environment with 20 to 30 other kids in the class. Homeschooling is the way to go if you want your kid to graduate high school by age 10 to 12. I also wouldn't say school is best for social and emotional development. The most depressed, psychologically unbalanced people I've met all came from public schools. I've never met a depressed unbalanced child that was home schooled. A little awkward maybe, but generally home schooled kids are so much more well behaved and friendly although some do tend to be on the shy side.

vic38 likes this.
  7. I wonder if he'll threaten to sue the school if they release his transcripts, like a certain stable genius who comes to mind...

8. It's impressive, but it's can be damaging for a kid. He's smart, but he's not capable to live adult life. So, is it good?

9. Pekelo

Pekelo

No it is not. Just watch the documentary series called The Big Bang Theory. Sheldon is clearly damaged.

10. Pekelo

Pekelo

So what is in the kid's future, child labour?

#10     Jan 23, 2020