9 Things The Rich Don't Want You To Know About Taxes

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Covertibility, Apr 14, 2011.

1. The sound and the fury of your post does not address the relative percentages of the items in question and their change over time, which is the entire point of Free Thinker's post, which you quoted.

#21     Apr 14, 2011
  2. If you've been paying attention, Obama and his Marxist buddies have been touting the $250K number for the division between "Rich and Poor" for months now.
    I grew up with a close family member who was a Marxist. He would hold meetings in his living room with local city/county Democrats, I'm talking leaders here, elected officials, political operatives in the DNC, Democratic Delegates to the Conventions, et al.
    They also pushed the $250K income level as a divider between "Rich and Poor".
    I remember being privy to those meetings as a 12 yr old kid, and for some reason some of their statements stuck in my head.
    That was 42 yrs ago. I've been hearing this class warfare shit for more than 4 decades.
    It gets old.

#22     Apr 14, 2011

3. glenn beck is that you?

#23     Apr 14, 2011
  4. Wish I made $$ like Beck does, but no, I'm not Glenn Beck.
    ....too much fear mongering for my tastes.

#24     Apr 14, 2011

5. Tigers pay taxes , every time a tiger makes a killing the lion comes along and takes a huge bite . Its the pigs who have to pay with their ass .

As for the worms and flies.....i will let pspr and luke speak for themselves . :(

#25     Apr 14, 2011
  6. Minimize income tax.
    Maximize wealth tax.

#26     Apr 14, 2011
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

He threw out some data points with no consequences explained or qualifications. I presented just a few things take into consideration. Obviously the link was above your ken so you just ignored it.

But if his data was supposed to be self-explanatory, interpret this: in 2009, the U.K., with a corporate tax rate of 28 percent raised 2.8 percent of GDP. South Korea raised 3.4 percent of GDP with a rate of 22 percent. Belgium raised 2.5 percent of GDP with a rate of 34 percent.

Oh, but wait...aren't higher tax rates are supposed to equal higher tax revenues? Corporations can't adjust their behavior to higher tax rates, right?. And there aren't lots of unintended consequences, like corporations moving as much of their business overseas as possible (both taxes and regulations lead to this)...are there?

But go on and live in the "tax the rich and everyone else will prosper" fantasy land if you wish. Just stay off trading sites where the shared goal is making and keeping money.

#27     Apr 14, 2011
  8. etile

etile

I'm all for making an honest buck, but traders do not create wealth. Let's not try and glorify the profession than more to what it is. Moving cash around.

#28     Apr 14, 2011
  9. It is true that many of the rich are simply the "connected" or slicksters that found a way to pilfer loot legally.

However, the wealthy also includes the people who start, own, and manage businesses that create the products and services that make our lives better. both directly, but also through employment, tax revenue, etc for everyone else. The spirit of enterprise is very important to America's wellbeing. It might make some mad we have to cut taxes on "the connected" every time we try to ensure proper incentives exist for entrepreneurship, business ownership, and growth, however it just seems to be the way it is. The parasitic flexions are good at disguising themselves, and pretending they aid economic growth.

Rather than fix "the problem" with punitive tax measures, we need to reduce the grip various flexions have on our economy by reducing legal monopolies, handouts, financial pilfering, etc, bailouts, etc.

I suggest a tax on all income for everyone at a max rate of 15% including corporate taxes. I bet in a few years we would have an explosion of revenue, however in the short term we can make up any tax losses with a tariff on imported goods and services. We would get an EXPLOSION in domestic investment and employment growth.

The notion it would kill trade is bogus. China has all kinds of massive restrictions, yet Corporations and individuals are extremely willing to bend to them as they want "access" to that market. We need to get real and defend not just short term interests, but also long term strategic positioning.

We can reform the public sector by offering extremely generous buyout packages and lifetime annuities + a hiring freeze. Government at all levels is too large and parasitic and crowding out employment in the private sector.

#29     Apr 14, 2011
  10. Dumb mother you are for sure.
    You also sound like a leach, a free loader.

MK- don't waste your time with the pathetic fools on this site.
    The article is a joke.

Tax Loop holes huh? Get off your lazy asses you scum sucking pathetic leach's in the PROGRESSIVE group. You want "LOOP HOLES" start a fucking business. Take some risk you pussies.

Put up or shut up. You ass clowns want a "Class War" you got one.
    The only problem is, you'r on the loosing end you fucking fools.

Those "Producers" who provide jobs, who pay AMT tax, who take risk to innovate and create will keep their wealth. Their money will continue to make money. However, they will layoff, they will cut back any type of plans to expand. You will be left in the allies to fend for your food, your shelter. You will have no "Net Worth".

I do not speak of the PUBLIC COMPANIES like GE or those all you fucking idiots champion on WallStreet. They are also scum sucking progressives who leach off tax dollars, as the People of the Progressive movement do. PRODUCERS are the PRIVATE BUSINESS, the true risk taker.

What is mind blowing is the fact that you idiots who champion the Progressives, who push the anti-wealth agenda, you yourselves are going to be fucked even harder by the very "Ideology" you love.

I can't wait to pull up in my S8, and take a nice piss on one of you homeless progressives, releasing my self of a nice $500 dollar night on the town all over your shabby clothing.

To bad for the "True Homeless" as you will give them a bad name as you loose your jobs, your way of sucking on the Gov Tit.

As you can tell, I have no love for the Liberal scum in this country.
    In fact, I have walked away from Private Equity deals because the Key player was a scum bag liberal. Not worth my time.

#30     Apr 14, 2011