9 months in federal prison for selling a BONG (no drugs)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Oct 21, 2003.

1. The Congress passed the law so it is the law. Trafficking in Drug Paraphernalia is a crime.

Our jackass congressmen hard at work.

Ashcroft's "Justice" department. He is making a travesty out that concept.

#11     Oct 21, 2003
  2. Screw Watergate. Creating the DEA was Nixon's worst mistake.

To induce vomiting, click here:
    http://www.dea.gov/

#12     Oct 21, 2003
  3. Well, he shoud have had "for tobacco use only" plastered all over his website.

Everyone knows we're living with a government of ultra-conservatives who have no qualms about abolishing personal freedoms.

#13     Oct 21, 2003
  4. jem

jem

I find myself agreeing with people I may not normally agree with. (although I do find myself agreeing with Rearden metal more often recently) And it is not self serving because I do not partake. I just cant believe some bright guys in Congress can't look at the deficit and the money being spent on anti terrror and agree that we should never spend another dime being anti pot. Plus look at all the hemp benefits we could reap.

Now I would also legalize many other drugs. Perhaps not all of them but wow how great would it be to free up all those mis-spent resources.

Why dont we have congressman with balls. I would vote for a guy who took that kind of stand even if I did not agree with him her on other important issues.

#14     Oct 21, 2003
  5. i'm your guy in 2028.

#15     Oct 21, 2003
  6. what do you do when the law is the law but the law is wrong?

i realize the need for laws, because people will always have differing views and no laws could lead to a wild wild west situation, but there are times when the law is wrong--by that i mean, in the future, the law will actually not exist anymore, or will be changed.

take this guy for example. 9 months in jail for selling a bong. does any sane individual believe people will get sent to federal prison for this in 50 years? NO!! this guy is getting SCREWED!!

people at the forefront of society, HELPING TO ADVANCE IT, can get SCREWED by laws that LAG society!!!!!!! it's messed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

#16     Oct 22, 2003
  7. Funny world we live in:eek:

#17     Oct 22, 2003
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

worse...3 strikes law....in a case in california a guy was sent to jail for committing petty theft on 3 different occasions....the guy got 25 years...the law was recently challenged in the California Supreme court and was not over ruled...so in short a murderer may get less time than a person who has committed a way lesser crime 3 times...talk about fucked up....dont get me wrong someone stupid enough to not learn his lesson the first couple of times should get a stiffer sentence but 25 years for petty theft.....hell no....the system is out of whack when this happens...

#18     Oct 22, 2003
  9. jem

jem

el Cubano I was doing a summer internship with a D.A.s office when the law first came out. I was prosecuting preliminary hearings. I do not remember if it was my file or not but a fairly young accused was in his orange suit sitting in the jury box attached to the other accuseds when his case came up. He was one of the first 3 strikes cases. He had two priors. Now petty theft with a prior is considered a felony. His case came up his public defender was making all sorts of noises probably asking to make a motion as to the constitutionality of the law. When the defendant stood up and said your honor it was a bag of corn of 98cent corn nuts.

That guy may have gone to prison for 25 years. Now if you know about the law and violate it well maybe you deserve the 25 years for stupidity. but all I know is if you have 2 strikes you better get the hell out of that jurisdiction.

#19     Oct 22, 2003
  10. #20     Oct 22, 2003