9-9-9

Discussion in 'Economics' started by chaosclarity, Oct 14, 2011.

1. You understand NOTHING... ON IGNORE!

#21     Oct 14, 2011
  2. 999 would be great for traders. :D

#22     Oct 14, 2011
  3. omg... NOOOO!

Cain's illustrious performance while "at the helm" of Godfather's Pizza:

[​IMG]

#23     Oct 14, 2011
  4. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I heard the guy speak; he has more brains than any of the other Republicans running. Wiki was for the moron who claimed his only relevant experience was running Godfathers.

#24     Oct 14, 2011
  5. As opposed to what? Odumbo's "community organizer" experience?

#25     Oct 14, 2011
  6. hayman

hayman

Not only will it obliterate consumption, it will promote black market sales of all goods and services, and will certainly create new illegal angles to circumvent this tax. RESULT - the 9 % consumption tax will be meager, at best, for generating revenue.

#26     Oct 14, 2011
  7. hayman

hayman

Further, a flat consumption tax will be a dis-favorable tax to the lower and middle classes, who as a whole, are the vast majority of this country's consumers.

Additionally, I don't hear any of these buffoons talking about putting some strings attached to corporations for getting the lower corp tax rate in their favor. Do you honestly think that a lower corporate tax will translate into more U.S. jobs ? The only way to ensure that, is to attach some strings to lowering the corp tax - you create an American job, you get rewarded with a tax credit. You create a job overseas, no credit given.

Global companies (like GE) are licking their chops at the thought of no-strings-attached lower corp tax rates. They do 60 % of their business overseas. Lower their tax rate, and they'll build more factories in Brazil, employing Brazilians. There may be some trickle-effect back to the U.S. from that, but most of the benefits go to the Brazilian economy, in this case. With no string attached, companies will continue to outsource to cheaper labor (but just at a faster rate). For companies, the ONLY bottom line is shareholders and EPS, not job creation counts. If they can build it for less elsewhere, they will. I think most of the Repub candidates are missing this point big-time.

#27     Oct 14, 2011
  8. So true, but who are we to argue with a guy who ran a pizza chain into the ground.

#28     Oct 14, 2011
  9. Herman Cain served on the Federal Reserve of Kansas City, Cain served on its board, Cain became chairman of the Kansas City Fed

No thanks.

I want a president who will end corruption in this country and Ron Paul is the only one who is willing to take the steps to do that. Unfortunately, I don't think Ron Paul has a snowballs chance in hell to win.

#29     Oct 14, 2011
  10. #30     Oct 14, 2011