9/20/05: The Only Direction To Trade Is...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EtfTraderLives, Sep 21, 2005.

1. lkh

lkh

Lets see, Csco misses and the qqqq cant even pull back 30 cents and is now green. I would not be comfortable with this short if it were my money.

#211     Nov 10, 2005
  2. $45.36 last.

Financials and the BKX continuing their strong rally.
    They love the 10 year auction!

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=^BKX&t=5d

#212     Nov 10, 2005
  3. lkh

lkh

Well the GOOG play is down 50 points now. The QQQQ play is down big. I suspect we are due for a pullback soon but I wonder how smart it is to have stayed short GOOG and QQQQ in the face of the strongest move in the qqq in years.

#213     Nov 17, 2005
  4. just so pretty when the market is not allowed to ever go down...

#214     Nov 17, 2005
  5. With the hedge fund constituency growing to over a trillion dollars, I wouldn't be suprised to see much more volatility in years to come. Insurance and mutual funds make money when the market goes up, hedge funds go both ways. The bias is still for the market to go up, but I think the growth of the hedge fund market could create more sideways trading environments in the future.

#215     Nov 17, 2005

6. NO FEAR$$$

NO RISK$$$

FREE MONEY$$

#216     Nov 17, 2005
  7. Choad

Choad

I'll say it just one more time for all the knuckleheads still shorting this market...

BUY THE DUMPS - SELL (into) THE PUMPS

Heck, works for me!

C

#217     Nov 17, 2005
  8. i sure wouldnt want a system that kept me on the wrong side of the market so often. even if you eventually win the pain of holding through these drawdowns is not worth it.

#218     Nov 17, 2005
  9. Choad

Choad

Very true.

Buy those dips. Even if it hurts (but find some good stop places, of course)

If you lose on those trades, do it again, and again.

Rinse, wash, repeat...

The secret is to not always use a large portion of your account (but sometimes you have to). Just a nibble, done every drop-pop cycle, will get the job done!

Good luck all.

C

#219     Nov 17, 2005
  10. lkh

lkh

Almost 60 points down in a GOOG short now. That has to be some kind of record. Shorting monsters without any kind of money management plan is a good way to become poor in this business.

#220     Nov 21, 2005