9/18/07 - A Sad Day For America

Discussion in 'Economics' started by aeliodon, Sep 12, 2007.

1. At least we can all agree on one thing - the USA is a has been economical superpower and no longer the place of the glorious American dream. Most Americans nowadays are too clueless to have any idea what is going on in the world.

#21     Sep 13, 2007
  2. just look at crude oil and gold they are pricing in a weak dollar=american peso. the dollar is going to get crushed if he does cut rates.

#22     Sep 13, 2007
  3. gnome

gnome

If the "dollar gets crushed", that hurts the buying power of all Americans... like a cryptic tax. And when the $USD declines to 40 (currently 80), the "tax" won't be a piddly thing like sales tax... it will be like the Gummint got into ALL of your accounts and confiscated 1/2 of them.

Should the Fed (and Gummint) be supporting such things to bail the foolish and reckless out of their self-induced pickle(s)?

#23     Sep 13, 2007
  4. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've already begun planning a move to Switzerland (putting together a 10 year plan to leave once and for all). I'm done with this fucked up country and it's stupidity. Don't get me wrong, I love America, always have. But this is not the America so many died to defend. This is...some other perverted mess that the government has indirectly morphed it into.

What was once the land of opportunity has become a vomitous pile of politically correct and morally incorrect decision making.

#24     Sep 13, 2007
  5. Your correct, I was thinking Canada, but that may not be far enough.

If you look back at history, it was the US political powers who got bribed by the central banks that corrupted this great country.

Money corrupts, its that simple.

#25     Sep 13, 2007
  6. Mup

Mup

Its great for us Limey Brit's when the green back goes $2:10 on Cable on FED cuts :D

Does "Joe Six pack" really understand whats going to happen to the dollar, or it that what the FED is counting on :)

#26     Sep 13, 2007
  7. Maybe, but it hasn't fucked up Switzerland. You see the SNB's move today? Brilliant.

#27     Sep 13, 2007
  8. gnome

gnome

You struck a nerve with me on this. I'm a Vietnam veteran, and my father was wounded in WWII, so we know about "serving the country".

Unfortunately, the military is no longer "defending America", but is more like mercenary goons serving the whims of our politicos at tax-payer expense. Our service people are serving and dying in Iraq with few of them understanding the real reason.

America is rapidly becoming CRAP on many fronts.

#28     Sep 13, 2007
  9. gnome

gnome

ABSOFRICKIN'LUTELY! The Gummint gets away with all of its crap because Americans are politically naive. All they really care about is their own "Gummint cheese", and the Gummint likes it that way.

#29     Sep 13, 2007
  10. ...anyone who says money is the root of all evil.. DOESN'T F@#@$# HAVE ANY

#30     Sep 13, 2007