9/18/07 - A Sad Day For America

Discussion in 'Economics' started by aeliodon, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Bernanke is confusing liquidity with solvency...one is not the cure for the other....

#91     Sep 19, 2007
  2. bellman

bellman

me 2... i make $40k a year, and I am being punished for being financially responsible. It's bs. Well, the joke is on us, eh? And I was the one making fun of friends for taking out the mortgages they had no chance of paying off. Oh well.

#92     Sep 19, 2007
  3. Yeah, but you're underestimating the stupidity of the average consumer. You're assuming they will act rationally, when it is irrationality that lead them to taking bad loans to begin with. I'll bet you the average joe on the street doesn't even know the difference between recession and inflation, let alone how to react to it. Joe Six Pack and Suzie Creamcheese will just keep making their paycheck and blowing it on stuff at Walmart. They don't have the discipline to save like the Japanese, nor do they have the understanding of why it might be wise.

SM

#93     Sep 19, 2007
  4. What good is a rate cut that pushes yields higher?

[​IMG]

#94     Sep 19, 2007
  5. overheard at a car dealership "I dont care how much the car costs, just tell me what the monthly payments are"

#95     Sep 19, 2007
  6. MattF

MattF

^
    |
    |

over/under on owning that car if bought is currently set now at 11 months...

#96     Sep 19, 2007
  7. That's what you get you stooopid idiot. You should've been at least 80k in debt, based on your salary. Then you to would benefit from the effects of inflation.

I hate irresonsible, responsible people in inflationary times.

#97     Sep 19, 2007
  8. bellman

bellman

nicely done.

#98     Sep 19, 2007
  9. the Bernanke rate cut is the "please-buy-my-underwater-condo" monetary Dunkirk...

something the gold market is coming to understand........

#99     Sep 19, 2007
  10. Yeah, that's really sound, smart advice.

RoughTrader

#100     Sep 20, 2007